Page 30 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Positive Thoughts

Re: Positive Thoughts

Each Morning when I open my eyes I say to myself,I, not events havethe power the power to make me happy or unhappy today.
    I can choose which it shall be.
    Yesterday is dead,tomorrow has not arrived yet,I have just one day,Today,and I am going to be happy in it.

Quote Originally Posted by blue moon View Post
    Each Morning when I open my eyes I say to myself,I, not events havethe power the power to make me happy or unhappy today.
    I can choose which it shall be.
    Yesterday is dead,tomorrow has not arrived yet,I have just one day,Today,and I am going to be happy in it.
    It's also accepting that we have no power over the events but we have the power of choice and acceptance.

"Acceptance doesn't mean resignation; it means understanding that something is what it is and that there's got to be a way through it."

Michael J. Fox

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

"The world is moved not only by the mighty shoves of the heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker."

- Helen Keller (1880 - 1968)
    American Writer

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

"No matter who says what, you should accept it with a smile and do your own work."

- Mother Teresa (1910 - 1997)
    Albanian Missionary

Positive thoughts

"Anxiety is love's greatest killer. It makes others feel as you might when a drowning man holds on to you. You want to save him, but you know he will strangle you with his panic."

Anais Nin

Positive thoughts

"Every tomorrow has two handles. We can take hold of it with the handle of anxiety or the handle of faith."

Henry Ward Beecher

Positive thoughts

'Being present, means relying absolutely upon faith that everything will work out favorably in the end.'

"Life is an opportunity, benefit from it. Life is a beauty, admire it. Life is a dream, realize it. Life is a challenge, meet it. Life is a duty, complete it. Life is a game, play it. Life is a promise, fulfill it. Life is sorrow, overcome it. Life is a song, sing it. Life is a struggle, accept it. Life is a tragedy, confront it. Life is an adventure, dare it. Life is luck, make it. Life is life, fight for it!"

- Mother Teresa (1910 - 1997)
    Albanian Missionary

Notice she never says life is "worry".....

Positive thoughts

I just wanted to thank Fishmanpa, you are truly an inspiration. I am going through a difficult time at the moment and have been away from this site for several years. However I'm now back. I'm a health professional working with people who have mental health problems and since qualifying; work, mindfulness, following my own advice, changing my diet and EMDR therapy have meant my anxiety was well in remission. Sadly things have gone a bit wrong and the big old health anxiety is back, but I want to be able to cope with this blip and any medical treatment and tests I may need, this thread has helped me to see things from a different perspective, thankyou x

Quote Originally Posted by debbsi View Post
    I just wanted to thank Fishmanpa, you are truly an inspiration. I am going through a difficult time at the moment and have been away from this site for several years. However I'm now back. I'm a health professional working with people who have mental health problems and since qualifying; work, mindfulness, following my own advice, changing my diet and EMDR therapy have meant my anxiety was well in remission. Sadly things have gone a bit wrong and the big old health anxiety is back, but I want to be able to cope with this blip and any medical treatment and tests I may need, this thread has helped me to see things from a different perspective, thankyou x
    I'm glad it helped That's the intention... One of my favorites....

"Life is 10% what happens to us, 90% how we handle it"

Charles Swindoll

Positive thoughts

Page 30 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread Information