Page 4 of 179 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Positive Thoughts

Re: Positive Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by blondie47 View Post
    When my HA flares up, the way I pull myself up is to count my blessings. I realize at age 53 I will never be the type of person who can just toss off my worries as no big deal. It just isn't going to happen, I am a worrier. But what I can do is count my blessings - I can look at my life and see all the good in it, even though I've gone through some terrible tragedies I have also experienced great love and happiness. I was lucky enough to give birth to and raise two wonderful sons, have had a satisfying career, and while my first marriage wasn't all that I dreamed it would be when I said, "I do", I learned from it and the mistakes I made.

Going through the list of things that have been good in my life sort of levels me and allows me to think, well, if this particular cancer worry turns out to be the "real thing", then at least I've had a good run.

I realize for others that might sound fatalistic and morbid, but it works for me. It might not be what you were looking for when you started this thread, but I thought I'd throw it out there - perhaps other people with HA can relate in some way. I'm a realist by nature, and this is my way of coping in a positive way.

As a two time heart attack (triple bypass and stents) as well as stage IV cancer survivor, I live by the words in my signature below.

"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

What you're saying is not morbid as much as it's realistic as you said. Believe me, when I was faced with the reality of my illnesses, I did a heck of a lot of soul searching and felt much the same way.

People with HA are always concerned about the "What Ifs"... What if the doctor is wrong? What if this or that or the other.... What I find more concerning than that are the "What Ifs" in the sense of not doing something due to fear. The saddest thing to me are seeing people not living for fear of "What If?" ...People who never follow a dream or take a chance for the fear of "What If?". The way I see it, we know how deep the water is and we know how to swim. The worst that can happen is we get a little wet. That's why we have towels

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

POSITIVE QUOTE OF THE DAY
    -----------------------------

The fact is, that to do anything in the world worth doing, we must
    not stand back shivering and thinking of the cold and danger, but
    jump in and scramble through as well as we can.

-- Robert Cushing Dennison (1921-1998) American Military Officer

If you wish success in life, make perseverance your bosom friend,
    experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother and hope your guardian genius.

-- Joseph Addison (1672–1719) English Writer and Statesman

Positive thoughts

Beautiful quotes, FMP! Funny, it just hit me that this fall, hope has replaced the old dread as I "scramble through as well I can" the changing of the seasons once again.
    Marie xx

Quote Originally Posted by SADnomore View Post
    Beautiful quotes, FMP! Funny, it just hit me that this fall, hope has replaced the old dread as I "scramble through as well I can" the changing of the seasons once again.
    Marie xx
    Thanks Snm.... Fall is my favorite time of year. Although I'm not looking forward to winter, I really enjoy the colors and cool weather

Positive thoughts

An optimist sees an opportunity in every calamity; A pessimist sees
    a calamity in every opportunity.

-- Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965) British Politician

Positive thoughts

The past cannot be changed. The future is still in your power.

-- Hugh Lawson White (1773-1840) American Politician

Do what you can where you are with what you've got.

-- Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919) 26th President of the United States

"Always put one foot in front of the other. It's not about how straight you walk, it's that you're moving forward."
    That's mine!

Positive thoughts

Until one is committed, there is always hesitancy, the chance to draw
    back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative (and
    creation), there is one element of truth, the ignorance of which
    kills countless ideas and splendid plans - that moment one commits
    oneself, then providence moves all.

-- Johann von Goethe (1749-1832) German Poet and Dramatist

Profound quote for sure! It applies to your personal commitment to seek help and heal from your anxiety.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 26-09-15 at 17:31.

My positive thought is to show appreciation to fishmanpa. You've been through more trauma then most on here, you're always willing to listen and although we've never met, I respect you immensely. You are amazing, and I for one, appreciate every word of advice you give.
    X

Page 4 of 179 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread Information