Thread: Any positive stories!?

Smile Any positive stories!?

Hey ladies, i know this site is all about support and voicing your worries about things....but I was just wondering if anyone had had any POSITIVE experiences of pre/post natal depression and/or anxiety/panic...you know something we can all look up to things? As its always great to hear positive outcomes when you're feeling rubbish!

Re: Any positive stories!?

I had post natal D, it was severe, but it's all gone now

I'd love to hear positive stories too!
    I encourage anyone who's struggling with their doctor to take your health into your own hands. You can always start by checking reviews at www.RateMDs.com. And don't forget to leave a positive review for the doctors you appreciate! FYI: Here are some tips on writing an online review of your doctors: http://abt.cm/1lZUdaF

I know this is an old post, but I'll respond.

I've had extremely mild anxiety since I was 18 - like one week of panic every few years. I had no trouble at all during my pregnancy - no anxiety. But, postpartum was horrendous for me.

The first few weeks were very, very hard with lack of sleep, extremely demanding breastfeeding schedule, and hormones. I cried, and cried, and cried. But then by week 3 or 4 I felt much better and figured it had just been the baby blues. I did pretty well for a few months, but then around 7 months post partum it all came crashing down. My anxiety became debilitating for months. By my daughter's first birthday, my mom had to stay with me for a while because I just couldn't function. I'd wake up crying, cry every time I looked at my daughter (because I was imagining her growing up with me when I died of some horrible illness - that's where my anxiety was), and cried myself to sleep.

Finally, I went for help. I found a therapist and was able to work through the anxiety within a month or two. Since then (that was almost 2 years ago) I've been almost 100%. I've been able to really enjoy being a mom and have fun with my daughter. My anxiety is not gone, I have to keep it in check with visits to my therapist every month or every other month, and by employing the tools she taught me, but I haven't fallen into the pit again. I think I've had maybe 3 or 4 panic attacks in the last ~2 years.

Thread Information