Thread: I have found proof that I definitely have it!

I have found proof that I definitely have it!

I was looking through and deleteting files on my computer to tidy it up and found a worksheet I filled in from last year when I practically couldn't even leave the house for fear and lost about 10kg in the process.
    I remember filling it in somehow hoping it will help but not really paying much attention to it. It was based around anxiety and my fear and there was a symptom section for which I listed my current worrying symptoms. I remember obsessing over them and being so distressed as day after day they were still there.

Looking back now it sounds like an anxiety symptom list lifted from any old website you could find. Almost word for word.

This is meant to be a bit of a joky post poking fun at myself, but finding this sheet really resonated with me and I wanted to share.
    Because with time and distance it seems so obvious that the symptoms I had were anxiety, especially when thrown together like that and accompanied by the fears, but at the time I was convinced. Absolutely convinced and obsessed minute after minuter, day after day, month after month, that I was about to die and had cancer etc.
    It's amazing because this is what my mum and the doctors saw; clear as day anxiety, yet my head saw something completely different.

I'd like to think, although I am far from controlling this properly, I am defintely improving day by day, baby step by baby step, and this was something that really fascinated me. I am still scared to admit there is nothing wrong in case there is. But it is good to see this in writing.

Thanks for reading!

Re: I have found proof that I definitely have it!

Well done

It's amazing how when we are going through something we can not think straight and see things for what they really are, so it must have been a very interesting find. Great that you are doing better! Xx

Great idea!

Thread Information