Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657

Thread: Sertraline wearing off? My story

Re: Sertraline wearing off? My story

Hey everyone doing well. This is such good news. Xx

Hi all, glad everyone is doing so well.
    Sorry to say my friend whom I had been caring for passed away on the 4th of October.
    He was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer early May and given 3 months to live but battled on for 5.

Still on 25mg of sert and doing ok considering. I miss him so much as I first moved in with him 2 years ago to care for him after he broke his neck in a fall. It was after he recovered from this that I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression and he then took care of me in return. it was then after I thought I had this licked that he was sadly diagnosed with cancer.

I am trying to keep busy as I don't want to return to how I was when I was ill where I spent most of my time just laying on the sofa wishing my life away.
    Life goes on and the world around me carries on as if nothing has changed. But I have lost my best friend who was like a father to me.

It feels strange living alone (apart from my dog and now inherited cat) as does having the freedom to just leave the house when I want.

Hi all, I am guessing everyone's doing well or moved on to a different med, or both.

I am struggling badly at this minute, I thought I was doing well all things considered.
    But yesterday while looking for something in my recently passed friends room I went from feeling fine to total panic attack in a second for no reason at all.

I suddenly felt very very nervous, began to sweat profusely and felt very dizzy.
    I immediately reached for a diazepam (which I haven't used in a very long time) which helped some but not completely.

I have felt very anxious all day today which reminded of how bad I had been in the past and it also reminded me of my friend who had helped me greatly at my worst times who is now no longer with us.

So I have spent most of the day crying for my friend who I miss so much and for myself as now I will have to try to beat this again by myself.

I really hope this is a blip and not a return to my illness at its worst.
    Last edited by S1ckandT1red; 19-11-16 at 20:26.

Hello I still dip in and out but mostly on the citolapram forum. Hope things are improving. X

Hi candy, liked reading your post.

I've been on sertraline 50mg for 4 weeks and then upped to 100mg for 4 weeks. Had a couple of good days 2 weeks ago and 4 days last week. Last 2 days I've been really flat though and tearful. I told work I'd be back in the office next week but now I'm thinking not (plenty of negative thoughts of course).

Any advice?

NJ

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657

Thread Information