Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Sertraline wearing off? My story

Sertraline wearing off? My story

Hi, I am on 100mg of Sertraline for depression and anxiety after a relationship break down, I was on 50mg for 2 weeks then up to 100mg as it began to wear off in terms of positive effects, I have now been on 100mg for almost 8 weeks and still having situational anxiety, mainly in buildings where the exit is far or where I have to stay, for example the super market or my kids dental appointments. I fear getting sick or fainting in public and as the anxiety ramps up I get dizzy and nauseous which obviously does not help as then the anxiety increases more and it becomes a cycle.

I spoke to my GP last week and she advised me to go up to 150mg which I plan to do on Wednesday. I wonder if maybe Sertraline just doesnt work for me? I'm beginning to feel frustrated hearing how amazing everyone else is doing on it and yet Im still here having anxiety. The depression has shifted though and I do notice an improvement in myself as far as mood goes it is just the anxiety I can't seem to shake off

Re: Sertraline wearing off? My story

Hi candy28. My GP told me that if you feel some benefits, then you know the medication is working for you. If you're having anxiety still, it is probably because you do need the higher dose. I'm at 100mg myself, waiting for it to fully kick in, but I know a lot of people go up to 150mg or 200mg or even higher in some cases. It's probably worth waiting to see if the increased dose helps, as you've already put in so much time already. Please keep us posted on your progress! Take care !

I still havent increased my dose yet, I have a doctors app for tomorrow for something else so I may ask when I go. I have seen improvement with my anxiety in the sense that I do go out now but I have anxiety in enclosed places or where I cant easily exit a building. I had m daughters friend over yesterday to play, we went to the shop and we made soap together, usually I just dont bother with anything and let them sort themselves out so it was nice to do things with them. I also had my ex husband visiting from his country over the weekend and he stayed a few nights and I was fine with that. I am going to up my dose tomorrow and hopefully I will see even more improvement!

Keep us posted how you get on with the increased dose candy.
    I have a doctors appointment on Monday and I am expecting to be put up to 150 then myself.
    I am hoping it does not set me back side effects wise.

Hi Candy,

Unless the Sertraline is giving you bad side effects I would suggest upping the dosage and see how that goes. It may start to work over a longer period but if it's not adding to your problems it should be worthwhile to take a bit more/longer.

I only came off it as it made my mood worse and gave me awful side effects & weight loss.

today I went up to 150mg from 100mg, I feel very spaced out and tired, I have no energy and I have had a little chest pain and mild jaw clenching the worst thing I have experienced so far though are the mood swings I am up and down like a yoyo!

day 2 on the new dose 150mg Sertraline and I am feeling better, I went to the shop today and took my baby for a walk so he could nap. I am feeling much less anxious but I had a bad tremor my jaw was chattering on the school run

day 4 on the higher dose today I have a more pronounce tremor especially about 2-3 hours after taking my tablets, I manage it by eating, *I have lost a littel of the energy boost I had on the old dose but I think it is my body readjusting to higher amounts, I sometimes feel sick but That could be unrelated. I notice that the tiredness is beinning to lift now. Tomorrow is school run for the kids. I hope to be able to do it myself

Day 5

almost through the first week of the higher dose and already feeling much better, I have done the school run today and taken my 2 year old for a walk, I get dizzy or light headed and headaches come and go quite quickly. I am hoping that next week Ben and I can take a trip to see his nanny while the older kids are at school.

Day 6

last night was a bad night I woke to the room spinning and wavy and I felt scared to death but I managed to get back to sleep and get through it. I took my baby for his walk again today though I felt a bit sick today I dont know why I am hoping to talk to my gp about it. I also done the school run both ways today first time alone second time with my dad I feel like I am getting stronger, the fatigue is wearing off and I am having more energy although my mood is still not as up as it was.

I know not many people are replying to this thread but I hope one day it can help someone.

Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread Information