Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 64654555657 LastLast

Thread: Sertraline wearing off? My story

Re: Sertraline wearing off? My story

Hi all it has been along time.
    I had all but stopped my sert after slowly cutting my dosage and was feeling much better for it, I really thought I had this licked.

Three months ago my friend who I live with became very ill and since then I have been his primary carer with support from community nurses. Despite this I have managed to stay well up until last week, when my anxiety returned.
    The anxiety is low level but constant and my recently returned positive outlook on life is ebbing away.

I have just started taking the sert again, just 25mg and returned to this forum for some consolation I suppose. Hope everyone is getting better or at the very least gaining some relief from using this forum if not from the meds.

Hey sick n tired.. hang in there. It's so hard living with anxiety.. x

Thanks polly, I have read back a few pages and see you are on citalopram now.
    And do seem to be coping well despite being up and down.
    Glad to see Genoire is also doing well.

Hey guys hope everyone is doing okay a quick question of someone could help would appreciate it...so did upped my sert to wrong a few months ago about a week ago started to feel a bit down as it was coming up to a year of my breakdown...so I decided to up myself an extra 25mg...but now just feel numb...should I just go back to the 150 or ride it through...also been really sick from upping them...any advice is appreciated xx

---------- Post added at 22:10 ---------- Previous post was at 22:09 ----------

Meant to 150mg auto correct lol

Hi all

It has been a long time since I was on my thread I hope you are all doing well and getting better!

I cant remember where I left off but after going on citalopram from sert I felt much better, I went up to 30mg of cit but it was too high so i dropped back down to twenty mg and ive been there ever since, the cit was longer and more subtle than sert but no mania this time i just get a steadt flow of energy and sleep well at night.

my panic attacks do still come at times, but they are less frequent and milder. Ive been on cit now around 9 months, I was completely reclusive before, now i go out with my partner, we have almost been together a year now, he waits in the car and sometimes i go in the shop alone, I no longer rely on my dad, I do the school run on my own. The other day I left my house completely alone andwent to the drs only over the road but a big achievement for me, I still have a way to go yet with my recovery but I finally feel like Im getting somewhere now, I even go in big shops right down to the back

So I just wanted to keep my thread updated for those who have followed, I gt frustrated when threads are going and then suddenly stop and you miss the whole story so Im hoping this will help someone

I wish you all a great recovery and I will keep checking in, I am going to make a facebook group for this thread to help us stay in touch if you want to be added to the group, add me as a friend on facebook candy sarah ayles

Hi Candy! Congratulations on your success with switching AD's and the success it has bought you in terms of confronting your agoraphobia. I am currently tapering off Sert as it has pooped out after a good ten years and I will be changing to Duloxetine. A little frightened as Sertraline has been a kind of safety blanket for so many years. But it is time to move forward. I would be very interested in the Facebook Group. I will PM you my details and you can add me if you like. Congrats again. Tracy x

Hi all . Candy lovely to hear you are doing so well. I went up to 25mg and have recently dropped to 25mg. I feel much better at that. Hope Genoire is doing well. Love to all. Xx

Hi Polly

How are you doing, what dose are you on now and how long have you been on it?

I'm on 100MG of Sert and having a bad time again Ughhhhh

Thanks

Rich

Hi Rich im now on 25mg of Citolapram and doing well. im kinda just getting on with it and not dwelling on how i feel too much. sorry you are having a bad time of it.. not fair.Been on 25mg for about 2 weeks but on cit since April.

Polly

Wow, hey EVERYONE! It's been a while...sorry for being such a complete bitch and not updating sooner...

Polly-Sounds like you are doing much better in general. So glad for you! Good job keeping on keeping on!! hugggs! xxx

Candy--You sound SO much better! You're fbook posts are so positive, too! I'm so glad Cit is working for you! Big HuGS!!! xxx

S1ckAndT1red--WOW! It's been a while! I'm so sorry you are dealing with the flare ups of anxiety again...that sucks! It sounds like you are a good caregiver for your friend, though... I imagine it's very "normal" to have an upswing in anxiety when you are caring for someone who is depending on you. Please post here, or private message as much as you like/need! Good luck! Hugs! xxxxx

Me: MUCH BETTER!!! I still have the odd upswing in anxiety and worry about relapsing/panic attacks etc....but in general, doing so much better! I have many, many more moments of feeling "normal" again, than I do feeling panicky. Since the summer of 2014 (2 yrs ago now), I have not felt this good for such a long span of time! I am SO SO SO SO thankful! Sorry for being a bitch and not updating, but I've actually been busy! I work part time currently, and am looking for full-time work (this is stressful, but it's a "normal" kind of stressful feeling at least). I've also been on a couple mini trips away from home!

HUGS and HUGS and HUGS to all!!!!

I will try to be better about checking in, although it may be more like once every week or two weeks...

Hang in there everyone, xxxxxxxx

Genoire

BTW, I'm still on 40mg Prozac and 15mg Buspar 2X/day. This seems to be the "magic" dose for me.

Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 64654555657 LastLast

Thread Information