Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Sertraline wearing off? My story

Re: Sertraline wearing off? My story

Candy--

I couldn't help but laugh at your post. I'm sorry you're still having some anxiety, that sucks.

My doctor appointment ended up being just an intake thing. My actual appointment to discuss meds is Friday the 30th. Weird, but whatever.

I'm doing all right, trying to get stuff done so I feel accomplished.

oh genoire, so the dr couldnt discuss your dose with you even though you were there already? That doesnt make much sense! You think they would want to save time and do it all in one. Im glad my post made you laugh! My kids think it hilarious that I almost shat in their dads car and have told everyone who will listen which is fun for me as you can imagine!

As I mentioned before my kids dad is over from Norway to visit the kids, lately when he comes we had had some post bedtime fun Anyway he wants to sleep over at my house and is getting really angry that I wont let him, I told him I need space and down time in the day to process stuff and unwind, I am a single mum with 3 kids, one of which is 2 years old and about 5 kids in one So I need some mental rehab at the end of the day, last night he walked out in a strop because it was getting really late and I said he should go. I think he's way more into it than I am and although I have been clear about where I stand on things I think he is secretly hoping I will change my mind.

Halloween is coming and Im super excited! We are doing the #tealpumpkinproject this year! My daughter has a rare allergy to pollen related foods meaning she cant go trick or treating because she may be allergic to something she is given, she has allergies to all fruits and veggies and nuts grass trees and flowers, so we have to be super careful. She has a medicines bag and epipen she has to carry around with her, so we are raising awareness for kids with allergies this year and handing out small toys like the cheap party bag kind of toy, instead of sweets Im excited!

Hi Candy,

Yeah, the doctor appointment thing was weird...I've never had one like that before. I didn't even talk to a doctor, just a nurse who took all my intake info and put it in the computer to establish me as a patient. She was super nice and funny, though, so I can't complain too much.

Good for you for standing up for yourself and asking for space. You have to do what's best for you. My boyfriend is similar to your kids' dad. He feels rejected if I ask for space and I have to really fight for it sometimes. He just doesn't understand. It's annoying.

Sounds like you are planning a fun Halloween for your kids! Your daughter's allergies sound dreadful. I worked with a guy who was allergic to pretty much everything as a kid, and then he grew out of them as he got older and is fine now. Hopefully your daughter will outgrow her allergies, too.

I'm planning a mellow Halloween this year. No kids, just two dogs. I've been watching scary movies and enjoying my Cinnamon Pumpkin Muffin candle. I might indulge in some hard cider on the holiday. I've been trying not to drink because of the meds, but special occasions are okay.

ah genoire hard cider sounds amazing!! I need to join you I think!

Men are so needy aren't they haha!! And they call us needy! Go figure!

I hope she will out grow it but the allergist at the hospital says it is unlikely and that it is usually a life long thing :( She handles it very well though, she has the nickname snow white she says it's because an apple can kill her
    She is so cute and funny.

Are those your dogs in your pic? They are lovely

Thank you, yes, these are my doggies. They are super high energy and so sweet. I love them so much.

I broke down and had a hard cider last night. It was delicious!

Hey everyone still reading, so today was day 1 of week 9 on 150mg, Ive hit a rough spot, I feel very tired and down lately with a few heavy moments of depression which do lift fairly quickly. I have experienced some bad anxiety in the last week or so, I am getting a little frustrated with the meds as Ive been on them now for 5 months starting at 50mg now up to 150mg. I just want to feel normal again like all the people Ive heard say how amazing this drug is and here I am like oh okay I dont want to leave my house today, i cant make it through a drs appointment, I cant get on the bus to go 5 stops up the road to visit my mum. I cant even go across the road to the shops on my own. I feel like this is hopeless.

The headaches have gone but Im still clenching my jaw a lot

I've been 7 months on 50mg and find it great.
    Maybe you're taking too much??
    Mr Dr tries to increase my dose but I refuse cause I'm doing great where I am.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Quote Originally Posted by candy28 View Post
    Hey everyone still reading, so today was day 1 of week 9 on 150mg, Ive hit a rough spot, I feel very tired and down lately with a few heavy moments of depression which do lift fairly quickly. I have experienced some bad anxiety in the last week or so, I am getting a little frustrated with the meds as Ive been on them now for 5 months starting at 50mg now up to 150mg. I just want to feel normal again like all the people Ive heard say how amazing this drug is and here I am like oh okay I dont want to leave my house today, i cant make it through a drs appointment, I cant get on the bus to go 5 stops up the road to visit my mum. I cant even go across the road to the shops on my own. I feel like this is hopeless.

The headaches have gone but Im still clenching my jaw a lot
    Sorry to hear you're having a rough time, Candy. Hopefully it's just a blip.

Five months is a long time to be on the meds. I'm coming up on four months myself. I've just cut down from 75mg to 62.5mg. I'm trying to decide if I want to do another antidepressant or not. I just dread the startup side effects of starting something brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    I've been 7 months on 50mg and find it great.
    Maybe you're taking too much??
    Mr Dr tries to increase my dose but I refuse cause I'm doing great where I am.
    I'm thinking you might be right, Phill. I haven't read of many people on here doing well on higher doses. It seems like 25mg to 75mg is the sweet spot for most. But everyone is different, I suppose.

hey guys, thank you for your replies, Im going to give it the full 12 weeks to kick in, I do have good days, I took my kids to the park the other day and stayed a long time but I am still very anxious, I went with their dad and made him drive us there lol.

I have so little anxiety to no anxiety when I up my dose but then I slip backwards again

Hi Candy, keep on keeping on and hope you are on the up again soon.

Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread Information