Thread: Venlafaxine vs ER venlafaxine

Venlafaxine vs ER venlafaxine

Ok, well before I start, I'm silly I know...... But I have run out of venlafaxine! I usually take three separate doses of 75mg and to tide me over I have reduced to two (not at gp advice!) and now have one day left before I'm totally out. I have some 75mg prolonged release venlafaxine (venlalic xl) from a previous time and am wondering if taking these will be the same? I'm totally paranoid about taking tablets in the first place so I have spent hours researching them, i have phoned a chemist to ask if they are the same and they said yes but one is slow release. In my mind they look different, in a different box so am scared to even consider them but for my sanity (loosely based!) will these be ok????? Some advice please..... 😁😢

Re: Venlafaxine vs ER venlafaxine

I take venlaxifine XL, it is not only perfectly safe for you to take, but necessary to if you don't want withdrawal symptoms. I have gone into the pharmacy (chemists) and obtained up to three days' supply when I was unable to get into my doctor immediately. I imagine you will have made an appointment for a new prescription asap with yours, and I have no doubt at all that the dispensary will help you out until then. They are well aware of how immobilizing it will be for you otherwise.
    Good luck, don't leave it until you are in withdrawal, as it will affect your ability to drive !

Thread Information