Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tapping - miracle?...

Tapping - miracle?...

A lot of you know how bad I've been the last 2 years, by chance I was put in contact with someone who's has been trough exactly the same as me for 5 years chronically and like myself told she had everything under the medical list from CFS/ME, fibromyalgia, dissociative disorders, - she like me was given every anxiety pill there is off her DR until her self found the therapy called tapping, she learnt the basics herself and then started to see a practitioner - she is now cured of her illness and has trained in this therapy method.

Today she attended my house an give me a hour and half session and no word of a lie I feel 100% as soon as the session finished! In the session I released so much tension, emotion and pain - my cognition is amazing and I can actually smile and feel it! I can feel emotion I can process ideas and thoughts naturally I don't want to sound like a fool but I feel "cured" I've not felt so good in terms of mood and cognition in 2 yeas solid.

I'm having another session next week I'm totally amazed with the result of this therapy! I've been leading myself EMDR and psychotmotor therapy it's similar in practice but tapping has cleared my mind and body in a way I honestly thought ild never again experience I've been that bad!

Please please please try it if your suffering I know everyone is different but It's working for me it could for you too! xx

Re: Tapping - miracle?...

I've heard about this (saw a video on it) and the benefits. Great to hear it's working for you! Just like any therapy, you have to keep working at it. Keep up the good work! Next time you see her, ask her if it works for chronic pain.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Yes Ollie, it is great!! I have not quite had the same effects as you but a few months ago I was in hospital with terrible anxiety, a friend of mine who is a Tai-chi teacher, came to see me, did some Reiki on me and taught me tapping, it has helped me sooo much.
    Do you mind me asking something? Once you have been taught how to do it what do you do another session for? Are there further things that can be learnt? Xx

It's emotional freedom technique and it's actually become an evidence based practice because it really does help some clients who have felt stuck. There's a video online that shows how to do it if you google emotional freedom technique, although working with a trained therapist is recommended for results.

Is there clinically accepted evidence now, swgrl? It's not something I discount when there isn't, it's just about being wary of any fanciful claims. I know it's predecessor therapy has opposing evidence but the EFT movement seemed a bit more open about their form.

Keep at it Ollie if it helps you.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Hello everyone - I felt so great the first time of doing it I asked can I do it again next week, I have learnt the basics but the more I do the better I feel and the better I feel more I can learn and then use on myself to hopefully help to recover.

I reads last night they are trying to use this technique now on the NHS as its really effective with anxiety, depression and emotional trauma. It is also used to treat chronic pain. I'm not just saying this but I've suffered with head pains chronic for 2 year now I've written a lot on here about them and I seen them disappear yesterday I felt 100% after it and all afternoon usually my body is quick to return to its chronic state but it didn't even in anxious or problem solving situations even it to today too! I'm
    In no way saying this is the cure for all but the deep relaxed state this therapists got my body in to & processing old memories ect was an experience - I've seen 2 "high" level therapists on the NHS non of whom could even do such things like that and make me feel the way I did - only my psychiatrist who is trained in EMDR and psychomotor therapy has got me in that state and just like with him yersrerday I released some tension and what feels like trapped physically painful emotion.
    I read it's going to be a better/first choice therapy that CBT as on average CBT is taking 20 sessions pp whilst EFT is seeing solid results after 5 sessions.

Everyone is different, everyone's psychology is different, everyone's upbringing and childhood is different, everyone brain chemistry is different what works for one might not work for others all I can suggest is try it - I've suffered so bad I've attempted suicide twice, I've been in chronic head pain nerve pain and cognition problems so bad I've collapsed 4 times with severe mental fatigue and body weakness to the point it hurts to even think to think and I'm slurring my words and totally disorientated - yesterday was like getting 6 numbers on the lottery I felt emotionally, cognitively and physically so so good! I know I've still
    A long way to go but this gives me hope I will regain my health I will enjoy my children again because I did yesterday for the first time in 2 years.

I also recommend to everyone on here to buy the book "the body keeps the score" by Bessel van der kolk - it's about £13 on eBay new it's a fantastic book it's easy to read and it will help.
    Good luck to you all xx

Have you thought of picking up a book on EFT, Ollie? There are plenty. That could supplement your practice. Gary Craig sends out a newsletter weekly, I think, so you could sign up.

I didn't know there was clinical evidence of EFT. I can see a very ropey one conducted by people who own private businesses with a professional interest at Staff Uni but it seems that some health authorities are giving it a go:

https://healthunlocked.com/healthyev...lling-evidence

http://www.staffs.ac.uk/news/alterna...tal-health.jsp

Some international studies look better:

http://www.crd.york.ac.uk/crdweb/Sho...ID=32014000152

In one randomized controlled trial (RCT),
    1 veterans meeting criteria for post-traumatic stress
    disorder (PTSD) were randomized to receive EFT or standard of care waitlist. There was a
    significant reduction in psychological distress and PTSD symptom levels in the EFT group
    following the intervention. After six EFT sessions, 90% of participants no longer met the criteria
    for PTSD. In two non-randomized studies,4,6 a significant improvement in symptom and severity
    checklist scores was recorded after EFT therapy, and participants no longer met the criteria for
    PTSD. One RCT3 compared eye movement desensitization and reprocessing with EFT for
    PTSD. The authors reported there were significant improvements recorded in both groups
    following treatment.
    College students meeting criteria for moderate to severe depression were randomized to
    treatment with EFT or no treatment.2 Following the treatment period, and after controlling for
    differences between groups at baseline, significantly less depression was recorded in the EFT
    treatment group, with the mean score falling into the ‘non-depressed’ category. A nonrandomized
    study5 examined the effects of self-administered EFT on anxiety and depression in
    health care workers. Participants’ scale scores for psychological distress, self-rated pain,
    emotional distress and craving were significantly improved following self-administered EFT.

The NHS are clearly looking to study it though:

http://www.ukctg.nihr.ac.uk/trials/t...er=NCT00981396

Some trusts appear to be using it:

http://www.dchs.nhs.uk/assets/public...ort%20form.pdf

http://www.eftregister.com/doctors-hospitals-use-eft/

http://www.practicalwellbeing.co.uk/...ft-in-the-nhs/

http://www.awp.nhs.uk/news-publicati...dom-technique/

It's true that it's very easy to lean & apply from what I've seen of it in articles before. Hopefully with more study they can come up with more evidence and use it as an adjunct or maybe as a Level 2 service so it can accessed more quickly? It's easy enough to certify in so it could open up some interesting opportunities for the charities to get sessions out there for people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie28 View Post
    It is also used to treat chronic pain. I'm not just saying this but I've suffered with head pains chronic for 2 year now I've written a lot on here about them and I seen them disappear yesterday I felt 100% after it and all afternoon usually my body is quick to return to its chronic state but it didn't even in anxious or problem solving situations even it to today too!
    Interesting! I suffer with chronic pain. I've had success with acupuncture. The little research I've done on this technique has shown some promise. It's seems to be a form of meditation to some extent. Thanks... I think I'll be looking into this further. I'm glad it's having such a positive effect on you.

One shouldn't discount the positive aspects of alternative treatments. It may not work for everyone but then isn't that same with more conventional methods of treatment?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Interesting! I suffer with chronic pain. I've had success with acupuncture. The little research I've done on this technique has shown some promise. It's seems to be a form of meditation to some extent. Thanks... I think I'll be looking into this further. I'm glad it's having such a positive effect on you.

One shouldn't discount the positive aspects of alternative treatments. It may not work for everyone but then isn't that same with more conventional methods of treatment?

Positive thoughts
    I think they do some breathing exercises with it, but it's more akin to Chinese healing than meditation. It came off the back of the debunked Thought Field Therapy (TFT) but at least this one is showing up some useful evidence.

It seems worth a try since it's the price of a book. It uses accupressure points so it will be a good one for you if you like that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information