Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adrenaline release

Adrenaline release

Can anyone recognise this? Standing in the shower this morning i felt an overpowering surge near my stomach as if some chemical was being released - I tried and did remain calm but it was giving me constant surges of panic that I willfully did not respond to. It kept doing this for an hour

Is it possible to feel adrenaline being released and is this where it comes from?

MC!

Hi MC

I totally recognise this - it's dreadful isn't it? Yes adrenaline is a very powerful and uncomfortable, sometimes painful surge; my adrenaline surges kept me awake all night last night. Its all part of evil anxiety and stress.

You did right to ignore it - one NMP member suggested I should tell it to bu**er* off and treat it like it was just a nuisance; it does help, but when the urges are strong and continuous it sometimes becomes very difficult to ignore it. I try running up and down stairs to get rid of the excess adrenaline, but of course you can't wake up the household by doing this in the early hours of the morning.

Try not to be alarmed - easier said than done, but it is nothing sinister and you shouldn't worry to much about the awful ""fight or flight" feeling.

I think there's some information in "First Steps" about adrenaline, which you wil almost certainly find very helpful.

Sandie

Hi MC, I get this too now and again. The first time it happened I was really scared because it felt like something had burst inside me! It was like a warm feeling in my stomach and I couldn't get it out of my head. It's a happened a few times since, but I don't worry as much now.

Les

Yes, I get this too, I can feel it rushing upwards from my kidneys, in waves, adrenilin comes from the adrenal glands which sit on top of your kidneys. It's really unpleasant, and makes me panic too, so hard to ignore it. Doing some exerise helps, as that's what it's meant to be doing, getting your body ready for flight or fight. This was what finally got me to take the panic pills (beta blockers) one night, that I'm so scared of, I got so sick of the adrenilin rushes, I didn't care what happened to me.

when i suffered a few years ago i used to get a rush which felt exactly like an intra-venous anaesthetic going in down both arms and legs and my head and neck.

the feeling in your stomach is probably your digestive system shutting off due to the adrenalin to conserve energy for fight/flight

Re: Adrenaline release

I have serious adreanline all day everyday. Not good. :( No idea what to do about it :(

I get this, sometimes with what feels like a spasm - either in my top intestine, my diaphram, or sometimes i think it's related to an ectopic heartbeat. Difficult to tell. Feels like someone flushing hot liquid out of somewhere - the first time I had it, I thought I'd burst something. It's horrible. Leaves me all panicky for about an hour, sometimes with horrible stomach cramps afterwards.

i know how ur feeling.ive been wakin up with these surges for a couple of weeks now.scare the hell out of me but i just try to ignore them which is hard sometimes.sounds wierd but only way i can get myself out of it is walk around outside in the freezing cold lol.prob end up with pneaumonia next lol.this place is great though u get to talk to people suffering the same as u which is of great help...xx

I have those all the time. Sometimes it's slow and warm, other times it's quick and violent.

What I do is just let it happen. It can't hurt you and your body will absorb it quickly and it doesn't last very long. It's better to just let it happen and not get anxious about it because if you get anxious about it what happens--more adrenaline!

I hate the feeling too.

i get this to! its horrible and makes me so scared as i hate the feeling of my heart beating fast! ive been to casulty so many times with it only tp be told its adrelanline and my hearts fine! ive started walking to try and wear my adrelaline out and i have rescue remdey its helping!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information