Thread: very tearful my child is starting school

very tearful my child is starting school

Ive been feeling very tearful and down about my son starting school it feels like such a big deal for me. Ive been very positive about it all for him and he is looking forward to it himself.
    I have alot of changes going on at the moment, and it all seems to have suddenly caught up with me today :(
    Some of these changes are quite positive aswell but it all been quite a change

Re: very tearful my child is starting school

Is he going to school for the first time or do you mean starting school after the summer? X

Find me a mum who doesn't wipe a tear away on the first day of school! Your house will feel big and empty and you'll have loads of time on your hands. Enjoy it - you deserve to after 5 years looking after him.

Be prepared for feeling jealous when he comes home and tells you "Miss Smith says ....." Suddenly you aren't his entire world and there is a big adjustment to make on your part. Hopefully he'll love it.

Leaving for college or university is even worse - you're sending them off into the big world. I had to stop the car and bawl my head off after I left mine. From now until then it's one long slow process of learning to let go. Good luck.

The first day my daughter went to nursery it was just for 1 hour (to adapt slowly)...well, lucky I always wear really big sunglasses because I was walking down the street crying...it is a big step but you soon get used to it xx

First day at school

They love it and its soon home time , plus all the school holidays and weekends you get with them , its good for them and you but as someone else has said many a parent will drop a few tears on there first day at school

Its his first day starting school for first time :-) im glad im not alone on this I thought I was being abit over the top he doesnt start till weds but I had a big cry already

Try to keep positive for your son. Make it a big exciting adventure and don't let him see you upset or he might not want to go. You don't want him worrying about you all day. He'll have a lovely time.

Thanks yeah he is quite excited and was very confident on the teachers visit

Thread Information