Thread: Hi, anybody tried and had success with Reiki?

Smile Hi, anybody tried and had success with Reiki?

Well today, I have been to my first Reiki appointment. I didn't really know what to expect. But felt totally relaxed during my treatment. Anybody tried this? Any homeopathic advice or tips?
    Thanks

Re: Hi, anybody tried and had success with Reiki?

Hi Penny
    I find Reiki to be very relaxing while having it done, wether it is any good long term I can't say.
    I have acupuncture, which has been very helpful.
    In Spain we have a homeopathic remedy for anxiety called Sedatif which is very good and a valerian root tincture called Composor05 which is great. Don't know if these are available in the Uk.
    In the Uk I buy Dr Stuarts Tranquility Tea, great stuff!
    EFT is good and Magnesium supplements xxx

Thanks for your reply, I have decided to get off these tabs now and trying alternative therapy.... I have a congested liver, so been advised to start on lemon in hot water in the morning. Trying to flush all toxins out of my liver....dont really know much about Reiki tbh....but felt very relaxed during and after.
    Positive thinking...
    X

Hi Penny,

If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor, I would not come off of the tabs. Alternative therapies are to be used in conjunction with whatever medications your doctor has prescribed for you. If you do both you give yourself a better chance of clearing up the liver.

Unless your doctor has said you can come off of the tablets, then that is ok. Just you can help yourself much better with using both prescribed medication and natural therapies.

Thanks
    I've decided now I want to come off for my own personal reasons.....its easy for drs to say to up ur meds. But to me it's not addressing my long term problems. The meds just numb them. But it's up to me to sort this myself.

Penny, totally agree with you. After going through benzo dependency and now serious health problems caused by a medication I am on the alternative route and there are sooo many good things.
    I drink water with lemon every morning too. I was also put on wheatgrass for first few months.
    I don't know what meds you were on but make sure to taper accordingly xxx

Thanks
    Yeah I'm tapering ever so slowly..... Thanks for positive advice. I know it may sound crazy to some people, but I feel I'm doing the right thing now. I am quite strong minded and will say to people out there Sertraline has helped me out so much and picked me up off the floor. But now I am very determined to get off them now. Tbh, I am not finding it a walk in the park at times.... I do have days that are teary and can not think straight at all. But this is prob a bit of withdrawal. Hot lemon, reiki, yoga and exercise. I feel after just one session with a lady, she has made me see another side to life. We are all magnets and will attract the kind of life that we believe in. If you think bad about yourself and have negative thought patterns, we will find ourselves in a continuing circle. Feel good and try and improve yourself and you will flourish. Not a hippy here btw, but I know life is full of ups and downs, but I feel what you put in life, you get back.

I am far from a hippie as well lol

Thread Information