Thread: Think i'm slowly going mad

Think i'm slowly going mad

Hi all,

please, please, please tell me its that time of year or its something in the water because my health anxiety is at all an time high[?].
    I can't find a real reason for it, but i'm loosing hours of my life in a total state of panic. I won't even go there with the suject of my worries[Sigh...] too many to mention.
    My other half thought i was worse for going on here and in chat, so i've cut my time online dramatically. Also i am now almost tea total (tho' not tonight me thinks).
    I take b vits, evening primrose, drink herbal teas and take beta blockers.
    I'm waiting for CBT to start later this year.
    I need to change and get out of this panic, but right now i'm short on ideas, motivation and hope that it will ever go away.........

anx x

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

Hi anx,

Im blaming the time of the year!!!!!! I think christmas makes it all worse then it takes a few months to calm down!!!! I only found this site a few days ago and I think my hubby thinks the same, that reading about it is making me worse however I disagree.

I cant get beta blockers as asthmatic. I dont know if I get palps etc cause Im stressed or whether they cause the blinkin stress!!

Im sure things will get better!! Hope your gonna have a fab weekend!!

Shaz x

Hi anxious,

I am exactly the same. panicky and soooooo depressed. Psychologist even said she cant do cbt with me at the moment cos I am not in the right frame of mind to take it on board. This is the 3rd year in a row that I have been like this at this time of year, so I'd say pretty positive its the time of year. I have a sad lamp on my desk at work but dont think its helping much.
    here's to lighter evenings and sunny days.
    TC xxxx
    p.s. My hubby says the same to me about NMP, but I dont listen to him. If you dont have it you dont understand!

Anx

You are not alone and it isnt the time of year mate, you are having a rough time and we are all here to help you.

I know just how you feel when you think that there is no hope, but there is and though you might have heard this a thousand times it does get better, trust me and i will help you all i can.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

my mother who is a phyciatric (spelling) nurse tells me that mad people dont know they are mad or going mad .so if you think your going mad then your not .its just the anxiety .mmmmmmm.
    i thought i was loosing it but turns out just totally stressed ,Anxious .

Thread Information