Thread: Lack of social life and OCD

Lack of social life and OCD

Hi everyone
    I would like to talk to someone understanding mainly about OCD and lack of friends and social life before I go back to university.

These are issues which are really bad and prominent for me at the moment and I haven't felt as lonely now than ever. I would like to talk to someone around my age (19) if possible about similar experiences, or someone that could make me feel better about myself.

Thanks!

Re: Lack of social life and OCD

Stuckman, could you tell us more about your problems? If people can relate they are more likely to answer you.

Just about having a lack of social life that is caused by my OCD and also mild aspergers.
    I feel trapped in routine and obsessions, and I'm afraid to make a social life for myself as I am anxious about meeting other people because I feel like I have to be by myself most the time due to my aspergers, and feel paranoid that people might want something from me if I try and make friends.
    I feel the years tick by and I'm just an observer watching everyone else grow and develop their social lives, where I'm afraid to live my own life and feel trapped. I feel like I'm wasting my life as a young person. And I am unhappy at home.

If I can talk to someone it will be most appreciated.

I know its been a while since I made this post but I really would like to talk to someone as I feel by doing so I would feel much better. You wouldn't have to be my counselor or anything To narrow it down I was wondering if there's anyone who maybe didn't have the best university/social life like me.
    Let me know
    Thanks!

Hello if you need someone to talk to feel free to pm me.

Thread Information