Thread: Low heart rate, but doctors say everything's fine with my heart?

Low heart rate, but doctors say everything's fine with my heart?

In the last few months, I've realized that my resting HR is around 55-60bpm. That freaked me out, cause it's always been between 70-75bpm. I went to the doctors, had a few EKGs, echocardiography, wore a 24h holter and everything was fine. I've noticed that whenever my pulse is low, I don't feel very well. It's like, I'll be sitting watching TV and suddenly feel like I can't breathe properly. I usually think it's because of my anxiety and it usually is indeed, but yesterday I had the first panic attack after 3 amazing months, had all the typical symptoms, nausea, feeling like I can't breathe, hot flashes, heart beating too fast, sweating, etc. and after it was over, 30 seconds later, my blood pressure was 110 and my heart rate 58bpm! How can it be 58, when I just had a freaking panic attack? And this morning I checked it again and it was 59bpm. I don't understand what's going on, why is this happening to me if the doctors say everything's fine with my heart? Sorry for my English tho.

Re: Low heart rate, but doctors say everything's fine with my heart?

My advise is to stop checking your BP constantly. BP varies every minute and perhaps yours is always on the low side as it is with millions of people.

Are you on any medication or do you have an irregular heart rythym which again many people including myself have ?

You have had all the proper check ups so try not to focus on your heart, though I know it's not easy to do.

Hi,
    It is usually very fit people like athletes, who have low heart rate.
    Or
    People on certain medications.

If the doc has checked your heart and told you it's fine. I would accept that and def stop checking your heart rate.

If you find this difficult I would ask your doc for a referral to a cardiologist to put your mind at ease.

I know, but I'm not an athlete. I take escitalopram for my anxiety. I know I probably shouldn't worry too much, but you know how it feels :( Thank you!

Thread Information