Thread: Hi Again!

Hi Again!

Hi,

Just a few questions to reassure myself please [8)].

1. Is it normal, after 1.4 years to still constantly think about breathing and take deep breaths.

2. Why do i, in the night, wake up feeling out of breath properly?, Like fast breaths.

3. Why do my lungs feel extremely tight, head weird, stomach ache etc?

oh and:

4. Whenever i run, or jog, i get this lightheadedness/sickness, and i get a few heart palps, what the hell is this??

Thanks so much.

Anyway, What i was here to talk about:

Basically, ive just ordered "Close your mouth" by Patrick.

Im so excited, it feels like im getting a new car or something.

Its helped alot of people with the same problems as me.

I don't know why im so excited, i mean, im buying this to try to live my life again.

I know, that when i get this sorted, my breathing will be fine, i won't have any stress, thus, reducing the chance of heart disease, my anxiety will go, and ill be able to live my life again with emotions etc.

Its like i haven't lived for the past year, its so depresseing.

Im going to work at this, my only goal is to live.

Thanks for reading, and answering the questions.

-Jono,

Hi Jono

I've had problems with my breathing for 4 1/2 years.
    Some days not as bad as others.
    I feel i can't get enough air and keep taking deep breaths and yawning also.
    Obviously doing this constantly makes my chest feel tight and pulls the muscles in my stomach. The weird feeling in the head i get to. Its caused from all the overbreathing, it upsets the balance of oxygen in our lungs or something like that.
    It will not harm you and you will always be able to get enough air.
    I really sympathise with you coz i know how awful it is. But i have had spells where it has gone away for a while mainly because i wasn't focusing on it. It is a very common symptom of anxiety so try to relax and not worry.
    Take care
    Traceyxxx

Jono

Hi there..

Have a read of this ...

Breathing/Shortness of breath

The hyperventilation as above plus your bronchial tubes dilate thus requiring more air than usual to fill the lungs so feels that it’s taking more effort to breathe - it is – you’re taking in more air at each breath.
    What you feel:

You feel that your breathing is forced and laboured. You become conscious of how you are breathing and you have a hard time catching your breath. It seems like you have to force yourself to breathe, in fear that if you don't, you'll stop breathing and die. Or, for no apparent reason, you feel out of breath and find yourself doing an unusual amount of yawning in an attempt to catch your breath.

What causes this:

When stress biology changes the body, it quickens the breathing and respiration so that the individual is ready for immediate action. Unfortunately, this also means that the breathing becomes shallow in nature (unless we are physically exerting the body such as running, fighting, swimming, etc.) which results in the body not getting enough oxygen. That’s why we feel out of breath. This is a natural occurring biological outcome resulting from stress biology.

Sometimes this symptom will be persistent from day to day, and other times it may appear for awhile, then disappear. Both are common. Once the nervous system calms down, you breathing will return to normal.

Also, because breathing is an automatic bodily function, you’ll never have to worry about not breathing. Your body does it automatically. It may be shallow, but you’ll always get enough oxygen.

Regular exercise helps to maintain regular breathing patterns.

As with all symptoms, when the nervous system gets sufficient rest, this symptom will diminish and eventually subside.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
    People will forget what you did
    But people will never forget how you made them feel

Thread Information