Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: comedians

comedians

hi all,

does anyone on this forum like comedians?

i find them a great distraction (especially the really funny ones)

i recently discovered 1 called dave gorman, i've never laughed so hard in my entire life. (he is just able to make a joke out of anything in life and he's hilarious!)

if you don't know him, you can watch him every tuesday night on dave (for about an hour), or search him on amazon.. he's at least 2 dvds i know of

i also like jason mamford, lee evans, victoria wood, and even live at the appollo is good to watch sometimes to discover new tallent.

oh yeah, and i adore russel howard too

Re: comedians

Yeah, I love comedy. There are plenty of comedians that I can watch on TV but I also really love comedy series. Pretty wide ranging e.g. Bottom, Coupling, The Detectives, etc and the panel shows like Mock The Week. QI, 8 Out Of 10 Cats, etc.

Dave Gorman is good, I've seen his show on Dave a few times. I used to like Jack Dee years ago (still do), but a lot of older comedians too like Dave Allen, Eric & Ernie, etc.

Laughing picks you up and it's better than sitting serious or bored if you aren't feeling great.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Yeah, I love comedy. There are plenty of comedians that I can watch on TV but I also really love comedy series. Pretty wide ranging e.g. Bottom, Coupling, The Detectives, etc and the panel shows like Mock The Week. QI, 8 Out Of 10 Cats, etc.

Dave Gorman is good, I've seen his show on Dave a few times. I used to like Jack Dee years ago (still do), but a lot of older comedians too like Dave Allen, Eric & Ernie, etc.

Laughing picks you up and it's better than sitting serious or bored if you aren't feeling great.

commedy series... yes, some of those are great!. in fact, i'm a bit of a fawlty towers fan (always makes me laugh!)

then of course fawlty towers led me to watch monty python (the dead parrot sketch is hilarious)

also love only fools and horses and poridge (i so want to see the sequel, going straight)

are you being served?. is another good one.

more recently, little britain made me laugh- as did several episodes of kathrine tate (the grandmother is hilarious)

john bishops show is good ,he has a lot of unheard of talent on and they are really funny

I like One Foot In The Grave and Victor Meldrew............and I'm not THAT old

Yeah, I like Are You Being Served?, Porridge, Only Fools & Horses, On The Buses, Fawlty Towers, etc. Classics. The films that some of them did were good too.

Pulisa - I love One Foot In The Grave too. Timeless. With that are your "bring back the quill" comments people may wonder

I like Open Slather very funny

Un-be-lievable! At least quill pens were reliable-all this new fangled technology just gets my goat

I like Harry Enfield and will be going to see his live show with Paul Whitehouse in November

Ah, Harry Enfield be was funny. The randy grannies, the old gits, the slobs

You could always meet half way and have a stylus in the shape of a quill

i love the might boosh ,its very marmite but strangely funny

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information