Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: comedians

Re: comedians

I saw Lee Evans live at The Hydro last year great gig though the venue was massive and I was right in the middle of a row and the venue was sold out so you can imagine how scary and uncomfortable it was who has agoraphobia! I made it to the last 10 mins of the show. Looking back I am kicking myself for not staying for the last ten mins but I made it for nearly 2 hours before leaving.

My all time fave comedian would have to be George Carlin. I love his dark humour. He was an absolute legend.

My fave comedy shows are - Rab C Nesbitt, Still Game, Father Ted, Gimme Gimme Gimme. Oh I love The Mighty Boosh too!

"Save your sympathy for someone else. I don't need it or want it. What you call a panic attack is merely a few normal chemicals that are temporarily out of place in my brain. It is of no significance whatsoever to me!"

"Recovery always lies ahead - however painful the moment"

"Recovery lies in the places and experiences you avoid"

Dr Claire Weekes.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndy View Post
    i love the might boosh ,its very marmite but strangely funny

you might try " luxury commedy"

it also has noel fielding in

some of it's strange, but it can be good

second series certainly beats the first

Quote Originally Posted by emily67 View Post
    you might try " luxury commedy"

it also has noel fielding in

some of it's strange, but it can be good

second series certainly beats the first
    thanks never heard of it,you dont see Noel Fielding on tv much recently

It is interesting that a fair number of comedians were in private, depressives,alcoholics and generally very insular people.

Tony Hancock,Mike Yarwood,Eric Morecambe,Spike Milligan,Kenneth Williams, to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo View Post
    It is interesting that a fair number of comedians were in private, depressives,alcoholics and generally very insular people.

Tony Hancock,Mike Yarwood,Eric Morecambe,Spike Milligan,Kenneth Williams, to name a few.

i never knew that

but then i suppose it sort of makes sense... they use jokes/ laughter to get away from it all

never thought of it like that

The IT Crowd was good. That had Noel Fielding in.

Didn't some of them do an offbeat one in a hospital? Kind of a spoof of the old US ones?

I loved Father Ted.

Perfect World was good too with Paul Kaye.

I can't stand Noel Fielding and have never been able to "get" The Mighty Boosh. I know it's an acquired taste though.

I like Simon Brodkin aka Lee Nelson the Chav. He used to be a GP but wanted to branch out into other comedic avenues.

Lot of comedians on here.

I love comedy, from silly to dark and everything in-between. I like Jimmy Carr... he's a sick pup ~lol~ My wife and I have been watching Fluffy as well as Louis CK and the classics...

Positive the funny thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I love comedy, from silly to dark and everything in-between. I like Jimmy Carr... he's a sick pup ~lol~ My wife and I have been watching Fluffy as well as Louis CK and the classics...

Positive the funny thoughts
    Yeah, I like Jimmy Carr too.

If you like black comedy, you would like The League Of Gentlemen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information