Thread: How do I Reply with a quote.

How do I Reply with a quote.

How do I reply with a quote from a previous post.
    Specifically with the highlighted grey box?
    Thanks x

Re: How do I Reply with a quote.

Quote Originally Posted by dally View Post
    How do I reply with a quote from a previous post.
    Specifically with the highlighted grey box?
    Thanks x
    Hi Dally,

When you are in a thread, rather than use the posting box at the bottom or the advanced option, just start your thread by clicking the QUOTE button that is shown at the bottom of someones post.

You can also multi quote if needed. Let me know if you need to know how to do that. as I will have to refresh my own memory by trying it as I rarely use it.

Another way is to COPY the text, go into Go Advanced and then click the button that says [QUOTE] when you hover over it. It looks like a little speech bubble. But if you do it this way it will only show the text and won't show the username of the person you are quoting unless you manually insert it yourself. But this feature can be useful if you want to highlight some text and you will see I have done this on my first large post in my Mindfulness thread.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 15-09-15 at 07:35.

[QUOTE=MyNameIsTerry;1471979]Hi Dally,

When you are in a thread, rather than use the posting box at the bottom or the advanced option, just start your thread by clicking the QUOTE button that is shown at the bottom of someones post.

Thanks terry, I seem to be able to copy the text, but what I want to do is highlight it in the grey box?

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Hi Dally,

Like that?

What was missing was this at the end of the quoted text:

[/QUOTE]

When you were deleting part of the quoted text (if you had pressed the QUOTE button) you will have deleted that end command by mistake. I used to do that when I first used a forum until I realised I did it.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Like that?

What was missing was this at the end of the quoted text:
    When you were deleting part of the quoted text (if you had pressed the QUOTE button) you will have deleted that end command by mistake. I used to do that when I first used a forum until I realised I did it.[/QUOTE]

Ooh. Simple when you know how
    Thanks terry, been driving me nuts. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by dally View Post
    When you were deleting part of the quoted text (if you had pressed the QUOTE button) you will have deleted that end command by mistake. I used to do that when I first used a forum until I realised I did it.
    Ooh. Simple when you know how
    Thanks terry, been driving me nuts. Lol[/QUOTE]

Tesring testing

---------- Post added at 16:43 ---------- Previous post was at 16:43 ----------

[QUOTE=MyNameIsTerry;1471979]Hi Dally,

You can also multi quote if needed. Let me know if you need to know how to do that. as I will have to refresh my own memory by trying it as I rarely use it.

Another way is to COPY the text, go into Go Advanced and then click the button that says
    when you hover over it. It looks like a little speech bubble. But if you do it this way it will only show the text and won't show the username of the person you are quoting unless you manually insert it yourself. But this feature can be useful if you want to highlight some text and you will see I have done this on my first large post in my Mindfulness thread.
    Testing again

Thread Information