Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What if i have no side effects?

What if i have no side effects?

Hi all,

I started taking Pregabalin a week ago @ 75mg 3 times a day but I have not had any of the side effects (not that I am complaining) just wondered if this was normal?

With the other I have tried (Citalopram, Fluoxetine, Mirtazapine) all had side effects in the first few days.

Today my dose got increased to 150mg 3 times a day

Re: What if i have no side effects?

Hi Nedmcg,

Not everyone has side effects. If you go online you will find all manner of people posting about their side effects, but the people who don't have side effects don't feel the need (which is just human nature).

As for pregabalin, it is different from ADs and does not share their typical start-up side effects, although it does have side effects of its own for many people.

You are lucky. Many people don't get side effects. As hanshan says, only those that do get them worry about it

Thanks Guys, Do we know how long they take to work? I heard 2 to 4 weeks ish.

The SE profile, as mentioned by Hanshan, is generally much better, and why - for those that it works for - Preg should be encouraged as, unlike many SSRIs, it doesn't make you feel your head is going to blow off at the start, when one is often feeling awful in the first place.

As to "working", it may slightly depend on what you're taking it for. Preg is interesting as it is used for (at least) 3 different things: epilepsy, chronic pain, anxiety.

I'm guessing the third, but can't be sure. It works pretty quickly for many people, often quicker than 2-4 weeks. You're now at a pretty stout dosage, so I'd have thought relief should come pretty quickly now.

Albert

Yea I am taking it for anxiety ill hold tight for a while and keep taking it , I am taking it with citalopram so I have to have a ecg every time I increase by 150mg. Ill stick with 300mg for a few weeks and re-evaluate. I guess you will feel the benefits of it in 2-4 weeks but take longer to have the full therapeutic effect?

Hi Nedmcg,

Based on people posting to this forum, if your immediate anxiety was very strong, pregabalin may take some time before you notice an effect.

Pregabalin is licensed in the UK for generalised anxiety (GAD). GAD is persistent and omnipresent, but mostly low to medium intensity (eg constant worry, but not panic).

Nevertheless, if your anxiety has been at panic level, it may come down to the level where pregabalin is helpful.

I think i spoke to soon having a really painful stomach the last few days with alot more wind. hopefully its just a stomach but as i hope its not Pregabalin as its the only thing i have found thats worked for me.

I have been on it over 3 weeks now i thought i would have had the side effects by now

I have been on it for just over a week and have found I have had a lot of headaches ?

Quote Originally Posted by TRISTAN View Post
    I have been on it for just over a week and have found I have had a lot of headaches ?
    Make sure you are taking in enough fluid as i found it dehydrates me slightly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information