Thread: uti's

uti's

I went to the docs Monday as I thought I had a urine infection she sed my white blood cell count was high so suspected an infection and gave me 3 days of antibiotics to take. I'm panikibg as I'm thinking the high white bloods cells are something more serious
    Now its wed and the pain feels worse so have just been bk up docs and tested my wee and its normal ? Does that mean ot was an infection but it just hasn't cleared properly or wud the anti biotic hide something more serious going on for example if I had a disease causing high white blood cells would the anti biotic get rid of it or wud they still be there regardless of taking anti biotics

Re: uti's

White blood cells attack what is causing an infection. More are produced when you have an infection, so that is why the doc said your white cell count was high. It returns to normal range when the infection goes.

The antibiotic also targets what's causing the infection. If you took the whole course as prescribed it should kill the infection. However sometimes a second course or another type of antibiotic are needed. If your urine tested ok today the antibiotic should have worked. It would not mask anything else.

Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water each day. If the pain continues, go back to your doctor.

Thankyou for your comment my urine was normal today but my symptoms still continue I've got another lot of anti biotics to take to fully clear it hopefully. I just thought surely it cant be anything serious if the anti bitocs have done the trick I wud of thought if it was serious the white cells wud of shown regardless of taking anti biotics or not

Take the antibiotics right to the end of the course even if your symptoms go. The infection might return otherwise.

Thankyou

---------- Post added at 13:06 ---------- Previous post was at 13:04 ----------

What i was trying to say was wud the anti biotic attack something more serious going on ? Or wud that still show up in my urine.

Hey Beckie

I had lots of UTI problems earlier this year and Dr arranged for me to have a camera in bladder as I have symptoms with no bacteria in wee. They couldnt get the camera in as they think I have a stricture which is narrowing from the UTIs so I have an op next week. My consultant asked if I get stressed or anxious as he said these can cause bladder probs.............

Thanks mummy

---------- Post added at 21:13 ---------- Previous post was at 18:03 ----------

Feel bit withit this evening less pain

Thread Information