Thread: =( :mad:

=( :mad:

So were to start? I had anxiety and panic issues for most of my adult life but from last year up until two months ago i was fine, slight issues but nothing i could not handle. I was back at college and going to the gym every free day, going to football with my brother etc. I got meds from the doc as i was having slight issues at college ( amitriptyline ) and they made me kind of dizzy and i had my first full panic attack in years and was really anxious for a week or two after it.

Now i am stuck again being anxious every day and i have stopped doing anything. No college, gym etc and its been about a month now since i went out.
    Today i just wanna go down the damn street and get a hair cut, something i would not have thought twice about two months ago. I get this weird pressure feeling in my head thats really annoying and only seems to happen when i have something planned or get ready to go out ( these things always end up cancelled now ) and i also seem to get dizzy. Its really pissing me off as i just wanna go down the damn street when i want! Instead i am spending every day stuck in side doing the same things day after day browsing the web trying to find something that will help, all these breathing exercises and meditation help a bit but ill just end up anxious again before i try to do anything. I imagine myself panicking in situations and i cant help but get anxious about it. I am anxious about getting anxious and this time i cant help it =(

Re: =( :mad:

Hey Alan,

I understand your frustration, as I'm sure many more do here too.

I'm by no means a very good advisor and I'm pretty new to this site, however, I was in a very similar situation to you this time last year. I don't want to make this about me because the worst thing anyone can say is 'you're not alone'. If you're anything like me, that phrase means nothing. You're you, not anyone else. And you're not small and insignificant.

But I hit rock bottom at that point. We'd suffered a major loss in our family, I'd had a pretty bad reaction to some medication, my job was in a particulary stressful phase and as a result of these things, I had a pretty intense meltdown.

I promise you though that you'll get to the other end. I never thought I would but I'm at a point in life now where things are feeling like they might be going in the right direction.

Stick with it bro, keep on fighting. You'll be walking back down that street in no time, you'll get back in that gym, your hair will be chopped and you'll look damn fly.

I'm so bloody beta, so if I can manage somehow to dig my finger nails in and claw back any morsel of life I feel I had before, there is no doubt in my mind that you sure as hell can too dude.

You'll kill it, you just need to give yourself the time to get back on top. Keep your thoughts focused on the little things you'll achieve and you'll be good.

I believe in you man.

Let me know if you need anything.

Take it easy dude.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonX View Post
    Hey Alan,

I understand your frustration, as I'm sure many more do here too.

I'm by no means a very good advisor and I'm pretty new to this site, however, I was in a very similar situation to you this time last year. I don't want to make this about me because the worst thing anyone can say is 'you're not alone'. If you're anything like me, that phrase means nothing. You're you, not anyone else. And you're not small and insignificant.

But I hit rock bottom at that point. We'd suffered a major loss in our family, I'd had a pretty bad reaction to some medication, my job was in a particulary stressful phase and as a result of these things, I had a pretty intense meltdown.

I promise you though that you'll get to the other end. I never thought I would but I'm at a point in life now where things are feeling like they might be going in the right direction.

Stick with it bro, keep on fighting. You'll be walking back down that street in no time, you'll get back in that gym, your hair will be chopped and you'll look damn fly.

I'm so bloody beta, so if I can manage somehow to dig my finger nails in and claw back any morsel of life I feel I had before, there is no doubt in my mind that you sure as hell can too dude.

You'll kill it, you just need to give yourself the time to get back on top. Keep your thoughts focused on the little things you'll achieve and you'll be good.

I believe in you man.

Let me know if you need anything.

Take it easy dude.
    Thanks for the encouragement

hi alan sorry to hear your having a hard time at moment

taking meds often triggers anxiety and panic for me so i tend to avoid them if i can.

the pressure in your head sounds very familiar to me.when i was having worst anxiety i would feel this awful pressure at back of my head..i couldnt figure out what it wa and was worried it was something major but when my anxiety levels died down i noticed the feelign wasnt there as much

i think to be honest mine was related to muscle tension so every time i was anxious it reappeared.do you think that maybe same with you ?

you have got through this before so i am sure you can again.just need to hold on in there.all the best

Thread Information