Thread: Freaking out over this UTI. Lower back pain?

Freaking out over this UTI. Lower back pain?

Hey, well I've been diagnosed with a UTI and got a 3 day course yesterday and I've only been taken the antibiotic for a full day.

I'm really freaking out because I have lower back pain and groin pain. Is this normal? Because I'm scared it's going to my kidney and it's really frightening me. I think I'll be going back to the doctors tomorrow to discuss this but in the meantime I'm so frightened. I understand I have tablets and I've only been on them a day but I feel like my back pain has got worse and I'm frightened a 3 day course just isn't enough.

Any replies would be appreciated

---------- Post added at 16:10 ---------- Previous post was at 13:34 ----------

No one at all....?

Re: Freaking out over this UTI. Lower back pain?

Hi emily-kate, lower back pain is very common with a uti. I've just had one and was the same. Mine took 3 courses of anti-biotic and 4 weeks to clear properly, so don't start worrying if you find you still have some symptoms after you finish the course.

I think my infection had actually cleared after the first course but left everything a bit sensitive so I thought i still had it. Neatly drove myself mad worrying and checking. Everything's ok now.

Hope youre feeling better now but just thought I'd mention in case you aren't.

Hi I've just been told I have a bladder infection and first lot of antibiotics haven't worked 😱 got new tablets but got myself so worked up about side effects of pills, so scared just now my head is so tight! My stomach is in knots with wind apparently caused by infection!

Quote Originally Posted by Woozle View Post
    Hi I've just been told I have a bladder infection and first lot of antibiotics haven't worked 😱 got new tablets but got myself so worked up about side effects of pills, so scared just now my head is so tight! My stomach is in knots with wind apparently caused by infection!
    A lot of bladder infections don't respond to some antibiotics - don't fret too much about this. x

I was diagnosed with a UTI last Monday I finished the course on Tuesday (I kept forgetting to take the tablet on time) and now I find I have lower back pain / Kidney pain. So I know from what others have written its quite common to have side effects or symptoms long after the burning pain has gone but it still sends me into a panic. I have diagnosed myself with Kidney failure and its the end for me. My husband needs to go to the Dr today so I think I will tag along and get the dr to check me out. I hate my stupid way of thinking :(

Thread Information