Thread: Pain in shin with lump

Unhappy Pain in shin with lump

Hi

This is my first post! I have suffered with Health Anxiety for a while, and after reading so many threads on here, I thought I should put a post on here.

I noticed a lump a few days ago whilst moisturising on my left shin a little bit below my knee. I prodded around for a bit, and now it hurts. I think it is a bit soft and it is oblong shaped. It isn't hugely big and you can only feel it if you are looking for it.

Of course, it is a viscous circle, and now I am convinced that I can feel more lumps and that my shin hurts, plus the dreaded google doesn't help. I am waiting to go back to university, so I am literally sitting here doing nothing, which I think is definitely not helping the situation. I really want to wait a few weeks and see if anything changes once I get my mind off it. It is taking all of my strength not to run down to the doctors now and demand an appointment.

Has anyone else had anything like this?

Re: Pain in shin with lump

i have a soft lump on my left shin it will be nothing

My shins are always lumpy and bumpy and hurt if I press, thought everyone's were

It's amazing how many symptoms people post on here that I've experienced myself. Goes with the territory of Health Anxiety and our constant prodding and probing ourselves - just like ANY human, we all have lumps and bumps everywhere.

In regards to your bump though - I've got one on my shin too. I noticed it about 15 years ago. It's still there, nothing changed, I'm still here.

99.99% sure it'll be a Lipoma or just a bone spur. I'm pretty sure the lymph nodes in your leg are behind the shin so you wouldn't be able to feel them over the shin in any case...

I have very lumpy shins...some lumps feel softer, other harder, but I never felt any significant pain so I just hope it's normal. Glad to hear other's shins are also bumpy lol
    I was actually freaking out about this just recently, I even touched my boyfriend's shins one evening a couple of times and found out that his also feel a bit lumpy. I think that can be normal if you don't feel severe amount of pain.

Thread Information