Thread: Feeling hopeless....

Feeling hopeless....

Hi all,

I'm new here so hope I have posted in the right section.

I am currently on sertraline 200mg & diazepam for my anxiety. I have built up to 200mg over 3 months.

I can have a good 2/3 weeks then for 3/4 days I have really down days.

I suffer with anxiety by always thinking the worst - I look far too far into the future and can't imagine life without my parents (they're 60 & 61) My Grandma died last year & it's the first death I've ever experienced (I'm 29) I don't know how to stop having these thoughts. I have so much to be thankful for - I just can't enjoy any of it right now.

Can anyone offer any help/advice? This has made me feel really alone 😪 xx

Re: Feeling hopeless....

Hi, I am also 29 and suffered with anxiety since I was 15, I have been taking medication since then and I'm ok most of the time, although I do have a relapse sometimes, this happens if I'm ill like Iv caught a bug or if any change happens in my life. Last year I lost half my hours at work as they were in financial trouble, I had just met my partner and we were looking forward to moving out, that all changed when I lost half my wages & so I decided to return to college to get a better job, I got the job I wanted and after only two weeks I started panicking and suffering from nausea and then my appetite went and I couldn't sleep, I was exhausted physically and mentally so I knew I had to leave, I was embarrassed and felt like a failure, Iv luckily been aloud back to my old job but I feel really awkward and silly going back there, I feel like everyone is talking about me and that hurts and makes me worry even more. You are not alone, I also look too far into the future and worry about what's going to happen months and years in advance, I'm going back to therapy, I called yesterday and have a telephone assessment on Monday, I also went back to the dr to get my medication sorted, I don't feel it working yet as I'm still a nervous wreck but I will go back if I feel no better, have you tried therapy? I believe for me, talking it through does help get it off your chest. I know exactly how you feel xxx

Thank you for replying to me. This depression & anxiety is really bringing me down. I wish someone had a magic wand to make it better for us!

I'm currently trying to sort out some therapy sessions... Hopefully I won't have to wait long.

�� x

Your welcome I know how horrible it is waiting for someone to reply, I sure could do with a magic wand right now! I do hope you get some therapy sorted out, you can only try and hopefully you will find it helps you a lot. I'm just off to work now, feeling anxious but I have to go, il power through it and hopefully be ok.

Take care xxx

Thread Information