Thread: Is anyone with IBS ever lightheaded? Is that from IBS?

Is anyone with IBS ever lightheaded? Is that from IBS?

Hi all, I'm trying not to freak out and rush to the ER but I've been extremely fatigued and lightheaded for the past couple of days, worse as the day wears on.

I'm wondering if this is related to IBS because I've noticed that I also have abdominal bloating and discomfort which my dad also gets with his IBS.

I don't think it's coincidence that I'm so lightheaded and having an IBS relapse of some kind. Of course, it's easier to believe that I've got a terminal disease but I'm trying to keep some perspective.

I actually had similar symptoms before and they ended up going away. But these abdominal discomfort/lightheadedness business is getting more alarming by the minute since I was hoping I would be ok by now.

I did a search for IBS + weakness/lightheadedness or trembling and did come up with a good number of results so I'm hoping this is just IBS related. Someone said on their blog that some people have a vasovagal response to IBS because the vagus nerve connects to the gut or something of sorts.

Anyway, hope to hear from others

Re: Is anyone with IBS ever lightheaded? Is that from IBS?

Hi ...yes I have lightheadedness all the time...also fatigue...didn't know it's linked to ibs...
    Hope you feel better soon.

Thread Information