Thread: Throat cancer terrified.

Throat cancer terrified.

Hello to everyone. I just joined this sight. I've suffered from GAD most of my life and also health anxiety.

The issue I'm dealing with right now is the unbearable fear of throat cancer. For about 2 months I have had a sore throat on the left side and also a sort of "something stuck in my throat" feeling. It has gotten no better at all. About 3 weeks ago I went to my GP and he thought it was acid reflux. I've been on nexium since then with no relief. I also am having some major TMJ issues on the same side as my sore throat. I have an appointment with an ENT on tuesday and I'm terrified of what he'll find. I'm 33, I don't smoke or drink but I've dipped smokeless tobacco on and off for 8 years or so. I'm scared to death this is cancer.

Re: Throat cancer terrified.

I'm a head and neck cancer survivor. What you're describing doesn't present as such. The diagnosis from your doctor sounds more plausible and the ENT will confirm it I'm sure. Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts. In the two months since the symptoms started, you would be feeling much worse.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Throat cancer terrified.

Thank you for the reassuring apply. I go to the ENT tomorrow afternoon I'm trying not to freak out.

Thread Information