Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Quetiapine ?

Quetiapine ?

Sorry if I'm posting in wrong place but I couldn't see a forum for this med. is there one ?
    I was just wondering if anyone was taking this for GAD as my psychiatrist has it as an option got me
    Anyone ?

Re: Quetiapine ?

There isn't a board for this med but there are some threads about it on the Meds board. There are some people on here I have seen talk about their experiences with it so hopefully they will spot your thread but I would say have a look on the main Meds board too.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

Hi,

I took quetiapine for about a couple of years for anxiety. Was taking citalopram for depression then anxiety came on too.

I found it very helpful with anxiety. Started off at 25mg and got up to 100mg for a good effect.

I did need a huge amount of sleep though.

I think it well worth a try and you need to get the dose right for yourself. I was desperate and grateful for anything but others not so keen on meds so it's an individual choice.

Happy to give more info.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    There isn't a board for this med but there are some threads about it on the Meds board. There are some people on here I have seen talk about their experiences with it so hopefully they will spot your thread but I would say have a look on the main Meds board too.
    Thank you I shall have a browse

---------- Post added at 13:20 ---------- Previous post was at 13:13 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lilac58 View Post
    Hi,

I took quetiapine for about a couple of years for anxiety. Was taking citalopram for depression then anxiety came on too.

I found it very helpful with anxiety. Started off at 25mg and got up to 100mg for a good effect.

I did need a huge amount of sleep though.

I think it well worth a try and you need to get the dose right for yourself. I was desperate and grateful for anything but others not so keen on meds so it's an individual choice.

Happy to give more info.

Good luck
    Thanks for the input

I have a friend on it and she swears by it for her anxiety and also my son has just started on it last week he is schizophrenic.
    I was offered this but was scared off when they said it was an anti psychotic drug so I opted for pregablin.
    The jury is still out at the moment whether I made the right choice or not

If it is the label of it being an anti psychotic that put you off, there are people on another one called Olanzapine on here. Whilst it might be a different one maybe they can put your mind at rest over that worry?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    If it is the label of it being an anti psychotic that put you off, there are people on another one called Olanzapine on here. Whilst it might be a different one maybe they can put your mind at rest over that worry?
    Yes it was, I was in a bad place at the time mentally and the crisis team informed the psychiatrist who came to visit me at home
    I can't even remember much about it I was in such a state I just remember her saying it was really good and my anxirty would be gone in days but when I heard the words anti psychotic I just panicked.
    Looking back I should of just tried it cos I was put on sertraline ( along with my mirtazapine ) and ended up hospitalised 4 days later

Well I'm going to give this med a try as of tomorrow night. I need to have an ECG and blood test first so if all is well I shall be starting on a low dose twice a day and increasing to 200mg. Also I shall be tapering off the pregablin so I shall just be on mirtazapine and quetiapine.
    Rather nervous as Im scared to take new tablets I worry about how they will affect me but I need to be brave and just bite the bullet! I shall post how I get on with it incase anyone else is interested

So last night I took my first 25mg quetiapine. The plan is I take 25mg x2 day 1, 50mg x2 day 2 and 100mg x2 day 3.
    I was expecting the drug to make me feel drowsy but it didn't. Had terrible RLS and had a really poor sleep. That could of course be due to my anxiety about taking this drug so hopefully tonight I will sleep better. Apart from that nothing else to report but it's still early days.

I'm pleased to hear that you are doing well and thank you for keeping us updated. Best wishes x

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information