Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Quetiapine ?

Re: Quetiapine ?

Quote Originally Posted by tommackent88 View Post
    I'm pleased to hear that you are doing well and thank you for keeping us updated. Best wishes x
    Thank you
    Day 2 and took 50mg last night. Did sleep a bit better but was still up early cos once my anxiety sets in I have to get up it won't let me stay in bed ( oh how I miss my lie ins ). Took my morning dose and I do feel drowsy but not drowsy enough to take a nap so I'm just chilling on settee. Still no major side effects to report, just the drowsiness and a dry mouth.
    100mg tonight ! A bit nervous but hoping it gives me a better nights sleep. I do have some 3.75 zoplicone but I'm unsure wether I can take it with quetiapine. My CPN is visiting this morning so I shall see if he can answer that.

100mg last night, took it about 10pm and went to bed abt 11.30. Don't recall waking up during the night but my anxiety woke me up about 6.30 am. Still wake up with anxious symptoms and dreading the day ahead. Took my morning dose about 8 am and I'm now zonked on the couch. I won't sleep tho my anxiety doesn't let me so I'm feeling sedated and anxios, not a good combination. Side effects are the same as yesterday but also my appetite has returned with a bang....I can't stop eating !

I survived my first day on 200mg (100mg morning/100mg night). Took my night time dose at 9pm and nodded off on sofa at 10.30 so took myself off to bed. Woke up a couple of times thanks to son not, he had been on a night out. Yesterday I did feel rather drowsy all day and developed a headache last night but nothing a couple of paracetamol couldn't shift. Iv also noticed Iv woken up each morning with a really stuffy nose. I'm not seeing any more improvement to my anxiety in comparison to the pregablin but I'm aware like all meds you have to give them some time to do their stuff so I shall have to just 'wait and see'

Don't know if anyone is reading this bit if not I shall use it like a journal through my quetiapine journey
    Yesterday wasn't good, anxiety was pretty high all day. I was all worked up about being on my own today and worrying tablets weren't working. I had to ring the crisis team at about 8 pm just to talk over my fears. I know it's all probably down to just starting a new med that increased very quickly and the reduction in my pregablin but I think I just needed some reassurance.
    Took my tablets at 9pm and at 10pm I felt so drowsy I was staggering and had an actual panic attack! Took myself to bed scared stiff but managed to fall asleep. Not sure what time I woke up but it was still dark and my anxiety kicked straight in. Was all worked up about son starting collage today and knowing I'm going to be on my own for about 10 hours.
    So now I'm sitting on doorstep smoking my head off and wondering if I have done the right thing adding the quetiapine or should I have given the pregablin longer? A friend of a friend says the quetiapine took a while to work for her but to stick with it as I will be amazed at the changes.....so for now I shall just try to get through each hour

Hi Lan

I am still reading and I'm very glad you are still writing! Hang in there. I'm so sorry you are having a tough time at the moment. You were so strong to make the decision to go down this route, you can do it! Hopefully another few days and the anxiety will start to subside.

Best wishes

T

Quote Originally Posted by tommackent88 View Post
    Hi Lan

I am still reading and I'm very glad you are still writing! Hang in there. I'm so sorry you are having a tough time at the moment. You were so strong to make the decision to go down this route, you can do it! Hopefully another few days and the anxiety will start to subside.

Best wishes

T
    Cheers
    So yesterday my anxiety was bad on the morning but I forced myself to take car too garage( back suspension had gone), I hadn't drove for about 3 weeks and I was totally lost without my car it's my lifeline to the outside world. My main symptoms where the churning stomach and the shallow breathing and of course my worrying thoughts...will I ever get better, what if theses tablets don't work what next..... The usual what ifs
    Then last night I got a phone call from my sons ward ( he's schizophrenic ) to say he had ran away, he's on a section 3, I rang his phone and got a shock when a paramedic answered ! He had been assaulted and was mortal drunk. I got a taxi to hospital and what an awful sight to see your son bruised and battered. He had a broken nose and ther decided to keep him in overnight for observations. I left about 11 and realised that from arriving at hospital my anxiety had gone !!! Came home took tablets and went to bed ( took a 3.75 zoplicone) and slept till 7am. Woke up and yes my stalker anxiety was ready and waiting for me....so shall see how today pans out

Well Iv surprised myself today, managed to go shopping with a relative and we even had a bite to eat in a cafe and I didn't feel anxious at all ! We then went to visit another relative....so all in all it looks like my anxiety dare I say is getting under control I think the morning anxiety will be with me a long time so I reckon I just need to live with it for now....I can sleep, eat and go out places again so that's a result and I'm feeling pretty positive today

Completed my first week on quetiapine and Iv survived!
    Had a nice relaxing evening watching TV. Slept well for about 7 hours when mr anxiety arrived to get me up. Why are mornings so awful ? I dream of the day I wake up not feeling anxious but am starting to believe that's never going to happen .....
    My CPN is coming this morning apparently we are going to form a plan to schedule my day. I'm so used to being on the go and working I'm struggling with this daily ground hog day, I just want to be able to be well enough to work even if it is only a few hours a week.
    Anyway back to the quetiapine, still making me feel drowsy on a morning but if I find something to do and have a coffee it wears off. I've noticed having a bit heartburn but nothing too uncomfortable. Also my joints are aching but that could be down to a few factors and I am getting older lol. Nothing else to report hopefully I won't develop any new side effects .

Had a canny day yesterday I managed to go to hairdressers and sit for over 2 hours! Last time I had haircut was in February, the thiught of going to hairdressers terrified. I was anxious but I managed to keep on top of it. I also managed to go visit my son in hospital last night, I drove, had a lot of anicipatory anxiety while waiting to go but I managed.
    Had horrible heart burn last night and my joints are really aching today told CPN and he's going to pass that on to my new psychiatrist ( I'm meeting her for the first time next week). Still waking up full of anxiety I seem to be having anticipatory anxiety fearing the day ahead I don't think that will ever go away.

Been on my dose a week today
    And it wasn't as bad as I expected. I thought I would be like a walking zombie and sleeping most of the time like what other people have reported but Iv had none of that. I do feel drowsy on a morning after I take my tablets so I'm going to see if it improves over weekend and if it doesn't I'm going to ask my psychiatrist if I could try taking 150mg at night and 50mg on a morning or even take the full 200mg at night as it may help with morning anxiety. Another option is to try the XR version which is the extended release. I shall do some digging around about this and see which one seems to work best for people. I have a feeling they will want to stop my pregablin from 300mg to 200mg but I think that is too much of a drop and I just want to get stabilised on my meds and not upset the apple cart!

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information