Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Quetiapine ?

Re: Quetiapine ?

Well I'm having an awful morning today. Woke up about 6.30 and my anxiety was waiting for as usual. Churning stomach, shallow breathing the worrying thoughts....how will I survive today, what if I don't get better, what if I can never work again !
    I feel sedated and anxious again I need to discuss this with my psychiatrist when I see her cos it's a horrible feeling and it makes me more anxious. It quite surreal like I'm in a dream world and would love to curl up and have a nap but my mind won't let me it's like it's scared to let go and let me sleep, maybe it's a control thing.
    Yesterday I had another ok afternoon and evening I even managed to go out for a meal with friend but I did rather feel like I was a goldfish watching from inside a bowl. They really don't understand they think because I look ok I must be better and it's hard to explain that I may look well but my mind is a mess....if only they could read it

Didn't have a very good day yesterday I only managed to take dogs out and pop to local shop. I had no motivation and didnt feel safe with the drowsy feeling. I must ask doc if this gets better or do I need my morning dose reduced.
    Feeling pretty much the same today and I have a feeling I will get worse as day goes on worrying about being alone tomorrow when son is at college. I don't know why I'm afraid of being alone tho cos he's always floating in and out of house all day so I'm often alone, but him going to college is making me anxious.
    I'm going to try force myself to do a bit more today. Go to the supermarket and try make a Sunday dinner I just wish I felt more alert and motivated and could get off this settee

Woke up with anxiety as usual it's like a switch being switched on. It must of been about 6am ish I tried to stay in bed but it wouldn't let me I had to get up. Was feeling very anxious about being alone all day and also having a doctors appiontment
    Why am I so scared ? It does my head in I hate it. Sat in the doctors with waves of panic kept thinking I was going to pass out and felt detached from my surroundings. The doctor has told me to stop my statin for a month to see if it's that causing my joint pain. Also to have a vit D test.
    The weather isn't helping with my mood today and I can't seem to get on top of the 'what ifs', I hate living like this. Going to see my new psychiatrist tomorrow see what she had to say. I don't think I'm ready to decrease my pregablin yet I'm scared I go to that dark place again

Been prescribed this but am nervous about taking it. I have been prescribed 25 mg. I keep saying I will take it tonight but it never happens.

Quote Originally Posted by benji80 View Post
    Been prescribed this but am nervous about taking it. I have been prescribed 25 mg. I keep saying I will take it tonight but it never happens.
    I started on 25mg x twice a day and was increased to 100mg x twice a day over 3 days. Also my pregablin was reduced by 100mg a day. So a bit of a bumpy ride but in all honesty it only made me feel drowsy when I take my 100mg on a morning
    Some people seem to be knocked out for the count but it doesn't affect me that way in the least. Sometimes I wish It would so I could have a nap during the day just to have a break from my worries. Give it a try 25 mg is a small dose. Im going to give it a good go for a few weeks and hopefully when it's settled in my system I shall feel the benefits . I'm going to check tomorrow how long it should take for this and some say it worked instantly and others say a few weeks. I'm slightly disappointed that it didn't work straight away which is what the crisis team psychiatrist said it would. I'm not staying on an antisychotic drug if I'm not seeing any benefit

I have had it for a week so it has taken me a while to pluck up the courage. Have been on mirtazapine, they did help with sleep to start with but unfortunately that has worn off a bit. I have been off work sick for a while now and need to sort this problem soon as I am supposed to be back at the end of the week. So Lan69, How bad is the drowisness upon awaking? I can live with a couple of hours but don't want to be in a zombie state all day!

I've been unable to work since may. I need to go back cos I know sitting stuck in house all day isn't helping but the thought terrifies me incase I can't do it, I can see me having to resign if things don't improve soon.
    The drowsiness is normally faded by dinner time provably quicker if your doing stuff. I try to force myself to do stuff and drink a couple of coffees. My sleep isn't that good (mirt30 mg) I can go to sleep ok normally but I wake up way too early still feeling tired but anxious too. So I take my tablets while I'm already still tired so that won't be helping. There is an extended release version which I might ask psychiatrist about maybe that would combat the drowsiness.

Been off work since mid august myself. Got to go back on friday unless I can get signed off further but am going to see how the next few days panned out. Feeling a drowsy spell coming on now, it's horrible. I started off on 7.5mg of mirt. First week was up and down but the second week, I felt a bit better, I was able to go out and do things. It was like a cloud had lifted but then the doctor upped it to 15mg. The first few days were ok, I was still managing but then it went belly up. My sleep started to go bad again, I got heart palpartations(those have eased off a bit now). The doctor said to go back down to 7.5mg but doing that didn't make much difference. I was supposed to start taking the quetiapine last wednesday instead of the mirt but I bottled it and just
    carried on with the mirt. I thought if I stay on it a bit longer things might pick up again but they haven't really. So tonight I will have to bite the bullet. That's the trouble with these meds, you keep taking them and wonder when they are going to work.

I started on 15mg mirt for a week, then it was upped to 30mg then 45mg. I struggled on 45mg and sertraline was added. Lasted 3 days and ended up in hospital. Mirt was reduced back to 30mg, sert was increased for a week but it made me worse so it was tapered off and pregablin was added. The first week I felt so much better but it didn't last so it was increased.
    After discharge the crisis team psychiatrist added the quetiapine, her plan is to decrease the pregablin so I only take mirt and quetiapine. I don't feel stable enough yet to decrease the pregablin so hopefully psychiatrist will agree with me and let me have another couple of weeks.
    I was lead to believe my anxiety would be gone in a few days ! Maybe for some people but mine must be untouchable . The thing that worries me is if this doesn't work what's their next option! I like a plan it makes me feel safer. I'm due back to work next month but that won't be happening. I wish I could stop worrying about it cos I know it's not helping. I just want shot of this morning anxiety then I might stand a chance x

Sorry to hear that. Please try to be a bit more positive, I know that is hard. You may well yet be ready to return to work next month. I feel like that atm, supposed to be back in a few days but the way I feel today, it seems impossible. The problem with these meds are its all trial and error. If the pregablin is helping then they shouldn't drop the dose. I have to agree with you when you are told to take something and it will go away. I didn't expect it to go on this long myself. I can understand if you are worried about it, it's ok.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information