Thread: I screwed myself this time

I screwed myself this time

Basically I saw a post saying for lines on the fingernails and ofcourse i looked hard enough and found 1 however if it is a mole shouldnt it be in the skin under the nail as my 1 extends past my nail bed and also looks more like a dent however it does appear there is a some pigmentation however very light which could be caused by the indentation. This led me to reading about something else and eventually read about some disease called Peutz-Jeghers which I am now convinced I have either this disease which increases chance of cancer or cancer of the skin under the nail. Anyone please I am really worried. I am such an idiot if I hadnt read about this I would never have noticed it but now I am freaking out

---------- Post added at 22:09 ---------- Previous post was at 20:53 ----------

I went in the shower a couple of minutes ago and after my hands became wet the line was almost impossible to see. Would this indicate anything?

Re: I screwed myself this time

Well, at least you realized you shouldn't be Googling these things! How many diseases are there that we would never hear of until we start digging deep.

Long story short, it's probably nothing! As with any health concern, monitor it, but don't obsess over it. Do your best to put it out of your mind and if it's still bothering you in a week or month, then go to a Dr.

IF you do go to a Dr. - remember to trust what they say and don't go rushing back to Google for a 2nd "opinion".

Thread Information