Thread: Flying ✈️

Flying ✈️

Hi

I normally post in the health anxiety forums as that's my biggest issue but this obviously isn't appropriate for there.

I am going to Florida next week and have never flown before and am getting terrible anxiety about it. I can't exactly say I have a phobia of flying as I've never done it so I have no idea but that's what's making me anxious.

I'm petrified of take off- I hate fairground rides or anything really fast where I feel out of control or anything that might make me feel sick. I'm scared that I'll freak out and make a fool of myself etc etc. I just don't know what to expect.

My hubbie said to imagine I'm on a massive coach going up a huge hill when we take off. Is this what it feels like. I've got myself so worked up as everyone keeps saying take off and landing are the worst

P.s my dr has given me 12 2mg diazepam pills for there and back

Lou.x

Re: Flying ✈️

Hey,
    I too am terrified of flying, but I do fly. I went to Florida 4 years ago and I was beside myself with worry. I found it was far better than short haul flights, as the plane is bigger, so more room, and there was more to do - like you had your own little tv. Also, they seem to come round all the time with meals, snacks and drinks, so it does fly by (excuse the pun) pretty quickly.
    I have a couple of glasses of wine before I fly, as well as some diazepam (yes they say not to mix it but I found it was fabulous, lol. I've also take diazepam on its own for other flights.) The take off is ok. You just speed along the runway (look out the window) and then go up in the air which always hurts my ears (I suck boiled sweets). It's quite a slowish climb I find, and does feel like being in a coach I suppose. Personally I don't mind take off or landing, it's the being up in the air I dislike. x

Hi pepper pot

Thanks for your reply. Do you mind me asking how much diazepam you take when flying?xxxxxxx

ahhh man I just noticed this - you'll be on holiday now lol.
    I can't remember the dosage anyway!x

Thread Information