Thread: Loss of Appetite, Cannot Stop Worrying

Loss of Appetite, Cannot Stop Worrying

This is the first time I have ever posted on here although I have taken comfort from following some of the threads.

I'm not sure if I am posting in the right section but here goes.

I have had a bit of a rocky year, having a sigmoidoscopy due to small amount of blood in stools at the beginning of the year (this has been an ongoing problem for at least a decade). One 3mm polyp found which sent my anxiety into orbit, this turned out benign but during this time I was convinced I had something seriously wrong with me. Even with the clear result I cannot seem to shake my anxiety and am convinced myself there is something seriously wrong with me. I lost my appetite the beginning of the year, which only fuelled my anxiety and my belief I was ill. My appetite returned I believe when my anxiety levels improved but it is slowly disappearing again which is slowly convincing me I have a serious illness. I do not have any other significant symptoms apart from slight bloating and slight constipation sometimes with minor loose stools other times. I am constantly thinking about my appetite or lack of it which makes me want to eat less and makes my anxiety heighten, I haven't lost any weight. I can't stop googling which I know is the worst thing I can do. This whole episode is draining me. Would appreciate any advice, no matter how small xxx
    Last edited by HopelessWorrier2011; 24-09-15 at 00:01.

Thread Information