Thread: check in thread for thursday 24th september

check in thread for thursday 24th september

hi all,

how's everyone doing today?

well, i finally have the channel AMc!. yes!. now i can enjoy all the american original series- such as fear the walking dead and breaking bad, (which i really want to see!) and lots of movies too.

in fact, yesterday on AMC i watched 2 movies back to back... studio 54, and confessions of a dangerous mind. again i didn't get any sleep, so AMC will also help with that.. now i've an extra channel to look at at 2 in the morning
    well.. today i'm annoyed!.

you see, it's my grandmother's birthday- she's 94. she has dimentia, and is in a nursing home.. and i'm annoyed because i can't even write to them by email to wish her a happy birthday.

for those who don't know, me and my family don't talk at all. (note the word, at all)

and they've even gone as far as to stop me writing to places like the home, because they really want me away from them

last year when i emailed the home to say happy birthday to her, they wrote back saying.. no, we're not passing your message on- we've had strict instructions not too. contact us again- and we'll be forced to make arangements to have her moved
    childish

if my mother does not want to talk to me, that's fine. if my other family members don't want to talk to me, that's fine also. but stopping me from making contact with someone of 94 who may not have too long left... it's disgusting. but oh well. if things were reversed, i'm sure things would be diffrent

skipped breakfast again (have done most of this week), and that's really it.. nothing going on. emmerdale later which will be good, and tonight for dinner it's a chinese takeaway.

oh yes!. did all my online grocery shopping yesterday so now have enough food for the week (still ordering a takeout tonight)

have a good day all

x

Re: check in thread for thursday 24th september

Wow, Emily, that sounds really difficult between you and your family. I can't imagine how hard it is to not be able to contact her. I'm sure she knows you love her. I can't believe how they have cut you off.

I love Breaking Bad - hope you like it! AMC also created Mad Men, another of my favorites. But B.B. was an awesome show. Hope you like it.

Today I work the later shift and actually feel a bit better this morning. I notice I do better when I work second shift. I guess I'm not a morning person.

Yesterday work was ok until the last hour. We had a meeting, turns out a full-timer quit with no notice. She was our only bilingual clinician,so we have lots of spanish-speaking clients with no clinician now. I am going to take on a lot of her English-speaking clients, making my days very busy ahead. But they need somebody so it's no problem, we all have to work together. Some clinicians fought and refused to help, which frustrated me. It's not the clients fault this happened.

Today I work 12 - 9, tomorrow 8-5. Then weekend!

Oh Emily, I am sorry your family don't talk to you. You sound like a good person.
    I am doing fine today thank you for asking. I don't usually come on nmp very much these days. Just depends how I feel.
    It's nice to see your posts though.
    You are a breath of fresh air.xx

I agree with you, Magic, as a long-time member as well it is nice to see people joining up who are enthusiastic about this site and starting some positive and encouraging threads.

Emily, I'm so sorry that you are not able to make contact with your grandmother on her birthday and that your family are treating you like this.
    It's very sad. I do hope that in the future things will be better?

Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    Oh Emily, I am sorry your family don't talk to you. You sound like a good person.
    I am doing fine today thank you for asking. I don't usually come on nmp very much these days. Just depends how I feel.

this site is now my second home, at least until i find a new site (just kidding, lol!)

i actually like this site, not just because of the support it offers but because of the people here- and i think i'm going to be around for a while. (wish they had a forum exactly like this for bipolar support, now that would be something special!)

as for my day, i did nothing. apart from watch emmerdale (despite the live corination street episode, 2 episodes of emmerdale), and have a chinese takeaway in the evening which was quite nice (i especially enjoy the spring rolls!)

x

---------- Post added at 19:50 ---------- Previous post was at 19:49 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by swgrl09 View Post
    Wow, Emily, that sounds really difficult between you and your family. I can't imagine how hard it is to not be able to contact her. I'm sure she knows you love her. I can't believe how they have cut you off.

I love Breaking Bad - hope you like it! AMC also created Mad Men, another of my favorites. But B.B. was an awesome show. Hope you like it.

Today I work the later shift and actually feel a bit better this morning. I notice I do better when I work second shift. I guess I'm not a morning person.

Yesterday work was ok until the last hour. We had a meeting, turns out a full-timer quit with no notice. She was our only bilingual clinician,so we have lots of spanish-speaking clients with no clinician now. I am going to take on a lot of her English-speaking clients, making my days very busy ahead. But they need somebody so it's no problem, we all have to work together. Some clinicians fought and refused to help, which frustrated me. It's not the clients fault this happened.

Today I work 12 - 9, tomorrow 8-5. Then weekend!

i just put 2 films on record (both of them on AMC)

bounce, and flirting with disaster. both of them sound really good

Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    I agree too. It's good to see some general chat threads and a bit of fun.

Thread Information