Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Massive day tomorrow 7 hour flight!

Massive day tomorrow 7 hour flight!

Hi all,

Tomorrow I am going to Canada! I can't quite believe it. Three months ago this was a dream come true but then I got the worst bout of physical and psychological anxiety I have ever had. Somehow, by sheer miracle/determination/luck I think I can get there. Even though I have only just been able to go out, tomorrow I am driving to London and getting two planes and a hire car that means driving on the other side of the road.

There is no way anxiety Is going to take this trip from me. It can come along for the ride if it wants. My dad has recently been diagnosed with Motor neurones which is terminal and his brother lives over there. It's his dream to go so anxiety can just back off.

Honestly though, this forum has saved my life. All of your kind words knowledge and encouragement has got me through this hell.

So thank you!!!!!!!!

Re: Massive day tomorrow 7 hour flight!

hope you have a smooth flight to canada and that you'll let us know how it goes when you get back.

we'll miss you here on the forum x

Thanks Emily, I am sure I will be on. You might see a post spring up called 'Help, how to stop panic attacks on a plane!' lol

Quote Originally Posted by bekw89 View Post
    Thanks Emily, I am sure I will be on. You might see a post spring up called 'Help, how to stop panic attacks on a plane!' lol

lol hahahhaa!

seriously though, if i saw such a post my reply would be something along the lines of.. talk to the flight attendants. they've done this before and have had many successfull flights and can reasure you. and the safety anouncements are their for a reason.. not to scare you, but to reasure you that if something did happen, their's a way out

(coming from the person who would never get on a plain, not bad!)

Lolll I know, i'll be ok iv got emergency camomile tea bags , diazepam, rescue remedy. Safety behaviors for the win! I am nervous about flying in general so looking forward to some rational anxiety for once.

what do you plan to do when you get to canada?

We are stopping a night in halifax then flying next day to north sydney to see my aunty and uncle. Hiring a car so me an my partner can go exploring. Maybe even Whale watching. But mostly will be buying all the stuff you can't get here and eating massive meals.

Quote Originally Posted by bekw89 View Post
    We are stopping a night in halifax then flying next day to north sydney to see my aunty and uncle. Hiring a car so me an my partner can go exploring. Maybe even Whale watching. But mostly will be buying all the stuff you can't get here and eating massive meals.

what fun!

hope you have a good time

Thanks, hoping to come back 100 percent cured lol

[QUOTE=bekw89;1475704]We are stopping a night in halifax then flying next day to north sydney to see my aunty and uncle. Hiring a car so me an my partner can go exploring. Maybe even Whale watching. But mostly will be buying all the stuff you can't get here and eating massive meals.[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha - brilliant.

Hope you have a good time. We are here if you need a bit of reassurance x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information