Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: Room 101 Game

Re: Room 101 Game

Air con spreads germs!

I might rename this thread "Terry's Daily Whinge"

A local couple popped up in the news about animal neglect. I recognise one of them, I've seen him in the area.

They failed to pay their gas and the debt collector gained access to find the place in a terrible state and called the RSPCA. The officer was refused access and waited 2 hours for the police to arrive whilst she observed them taking bin bags out throughout that period. What she found even after that she said made her feel sick. The place was littered with dog poo and 23 animals were found. Most in cages with no water! They even found an owl and a fox! So, they have been trapping animals too.

The poor dog had to be put down as she was in such a state.

Slap on the wrist from the judge though with costs and a community order. I realise judges are constrained by sentencing law and wish this would change. Animal abuse/neglect should come with sterner sentencing than it has. This couple had a 5 year ban on keeping animals. Why not a lifetime ban?

The usual mental health stuff got trawled out...

---------- Post added at 05:31 ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lola-Lee View Post
    Where I work,the bloody air con is so cold you have to wear your winter woollies all year round,and this year I have had the flu several times I reckon it’s the air con.grrr
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Air con spreads germs!
    Yeah, it is. Open plan offices are bad too. Loads of people always got sick in my last one after someone brought it in. We used to talk about it in manager's meetings, not that anyone was ever going to do anything. But I suppose the fact there was so many people the drains couldn't cope and the toilets regularly flooded into the corridor, and how that went on for years, might explain why it wasn't a priority to pay out to save money long term.

A simple policy of keeping the Typhoid Mary out of the office, paying them sick pay and not adversely affecting their sickness record (so they weren't motivated to come in) when you have agree it would save half the office also going off...might have been a bit progressive for them

Cold's!

May be good for our immune system to right but I'm laid here dealing with the sandpapery/dry throat I've had a week and now I sound like I have a mouthful of baked potato.

Not sure if I will wake up with a voice tomorrow morning

How does one give a speech when one has no voice to give?

Colds are just inconvenient and make life slightly slower which in a way is more annoying than just 2 days of the flu

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Definitely throw colds in! I've got a sore throat that just wont' go away or develop into a cold, it's just lingering.

People that don't answer your text for days!!!!
    Why do they do that? Not even an apology or saying, "sorry I didn't get back to you sooner".

People who swear black is white they are interested in adopting a long-term-stay resident of the rescue kennels then don't follow through
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

Well I thought it was bad that daytime TV has so many over 50 plans in the ad breaks but one I saw about a week ago took the biscuit, for cremation!

What next? Plotfinder, search for all your burial plots in one handy place.

Manchester City!!
    Don't forget to lock the door afterwards. Then throw away the key. Then mind wipe everyone who knows whereabouts of said key.

Ghost…Spillways

Quote Originally Posted by Darksky View Post
    Manchester City!!
    Don't forget to lock the door afterwards. Then throw away the key. Then mind wipe everyone who knows whereabouts of said key.
    Chelsea fan?

You would think so wouldn't you Although I actually wanted MC to win that one....God help me.

Who hates MC more than most?
    You got me

Ghost…Spillways

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread Information