Thread: G'day

G'day

well, Anxiety .....ive allways had it. for as long as i can remember its part of who i am i just accepted that for a long time untill the last few years it started to dawn on me that something just wasnt right. apparantly it wasnt normal to pick at your fingers untill they bleed, or constantly hold your breath and clench your jaws. i got to the point where i couldnt even make a decision about dinner without second guessing it 10 times.

for so long i felt like i was just going along with it and my rollercoaster of emotions made the decisions for me. two weeks before my 21st birthday i had a panic attack, just after then i went on losec (omezaprazol) to which i now realised treated the symptoms of anxiety - heartburn, reflux. to make matters worse my husband and i moved to Australia from NZ just over a year ago, which was the crunch time for me, it threw me into a spin.

now im 23 (were settled into australia) and 3 months ago i finaly went to my gp with a list of daily syptoms i have and feelings i get. now i go to therapy and take venlofaxine. im so glad i did because its helped me to open my eyes,im calmer and i feel the real me has finaly been allowed to come foward. when i take a deep breath it actually relaxes me - in the past nothing would.

my husband helps me alot, i tell him dont try to understand it cus i dont! just try to accept it.

I know im not an extreme case here but what a releif it is to be diagnosed, the weight lifted off my shoulders when my doc told me.. no its not normal..its not in your head. now when i have a bad day i say to myself "i have an anxiety disorder, thats why i feel crappy today" and it gives me a sence of normality knowing others are just like me.

G'day tj,

A warm welcome to the site..great support n advice here..n u'll make some good friends too..x

Take care,
    Lin xxx
    "Fear is dat lil darkroom, wer negatives r developed", so positive thoughts okies!!!!!

Hi Tj,

A big warm welcome to you.

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

Hi

And a BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice while making new friends on the way.

Take a look at the First Steps pages also you may find them of interest.

Love

Andrea
    xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

Hi TJ

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here. Hope we can be of some help.

You will meet some lovely people and get loads of great advice and support.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
    People will forget what you did
    But people will never forget how you made them feel

hi tj
    welcome to the forum
    take crae
    rach x

Hi and welcome to panic.

Ellen XX

Hiya and welcome, people here are very supportive!!!

Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends,

take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

G'day TJ
    We seem to have a flood of Aussies joining.
    Glad to hear you're doing so well . This site has been a great source of reassurance to me and I'm sure you'll find it the same.
    Phill
    Brisbane

Don't believe everything you think.

Thread Information