Thread: PLEASE does anyone know about myocarditis

PLEASE does anyone know about myocarditis

I really need help I'm convinced I'm going to die of myocarditis iv had palps for few days tonight my temp up
    I'm literally sitting here shaking I made the mistake of googling and people literally can be ok one minute and gone the next
    does anyone know anything about this condition

Re: PLEASE does anyone know about myocarditis

You had this fear about 7 months ago. It's an incredibly rare illness that only affects less than a thousand people worldwide. (Google is good for some things ~lol~) It's akin to the brain eating amoeba and rabies among others in the chances of getting it.

I saw a post from another member that said you stand a better chance of dating a supermodel, winning an Olympic medal or an Academy award than getting this!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Palpitations are extremely common.

When you say your temp is up, what do you mean by that? Everyone's temperature varies throughout the day, and is highest in the evening.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

sorry I didn't reply I couldn't find post thank you so much for your replies

Question Re: PLEASE does anyone know about myocarditis

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    You had this fear about 7 months ago. It's an incredibly rare illness that only affects less than a thousand people worldwide. (Google is good for some things ~lol~) It's akin to the brain eating amoeba and rabies among others in the chances of getting it.

I saw a post from another member that said you stand a better chance of dating a supermodel, winning an Olympic medal or an Academy award than getting this!

Positive thoughts
    I have symptoms and fear of this too, and I Googled as you suggested and there are nearly 2000,000 cases worldwide each year. Where on earth did you come up with your figure of only 1000?

Please don't bump old threads. It's not required.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

As someone who has just been diagnosed with myocarditis after posting here a while ago, I think I'm living (for now) proof that it is required to bump old threads, because this guy needs to know the risks, as I did when I first posted here. Especially when members are giving him false reassurance with incorrect data. It warrants calling out. It's dangerous and negligent. This thread is the first that appears on Google when you search for myocarditis and the name of this forum. That means many people dealing with this issue today will be led immediately to this thread which has been responded to with misinformation that warrants correction. Myocarditis is much more common than suggested here. One need only join the advocacy groups on Facebook to see how underdiagnosed the condition is until things are advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahsoundsaboutright View Post
    As someone who has just been diagnosed with myocarditis after posting here a while ago, I think I'm living (for now) proof that it is required to bump old threads, because this guy needs to know the risks, as I did when I first posted here. Especially when members are giving him false reassurance with incorrect data. It warrants calling out. It's dangerous and negligent. This thread is the first that appears on Google when you search for myocarditis and the name of this forum. That means many people dealing with this issue today will be led immediately to this thread which has been responded to with misinformation that warrants correction. Myocarditis is much more common than suggested here. One need only join the advocacy groups on Facebook to see how underdiagnosed the condition is until things are advanced.
    I am not sure who said there are fewer then 1,000 cases worldwide per year but your right thats not at all accurate, there are actually approximately 1.5 million cases per year world wide. Perhaps they were thinking of another condition? Here in the US where I live there are fewer then 200,000 cases per year. Still 1.5 million cases per year world wide still makes it pretty rare when you take into account the entire world’s population. Not defending anyone or discrediting anyone, just giving the facts. Rare conditions still affect someone and I’m sorry that someone was you but I’m glad you pushed for answers and are now being treated. A friend of mine has been dealing with it for a couple years now even after surgery to repair heart valves (she ignored her symptoms for a long time).

I posted on your other post but incase you don’t see it, I suggested posting on a forum called health unlocked. They have a heart forum called British Heart Foundation, they are amazing over there and you can get some support from people who have been down this road.
    Last edited by Careful1; 20-06-21 at 06:00.

Thread Information