Thread: What's happening to me?

What's happening to me?

Hi guys,

I didn't know where to post this but seen as I've got both depression and anxiety, decided to put it in here.

I've just gone to the shops and my eyesight seems really really strange. I've got a lot of eye floaters which seem to have come on in the last year but my vision, as of recently, seems slightly blurry and that I can't focus on things. It's freaking me out and I don't know if it's due to the depression or the anxiety. I'm constantly tired all the time and have bags under my eyes. I seem to be getting enough sleep but still wake up and it feels like I've done an all nighter. Maybe this is the cause of it?

I just don't know where to start on my depression and anxiety as well. I've had this for years but recently it's got worse. I've just changed meds, started seeing a therapist and tried to get more exercise but still nothing is working. I'm constantly worried I'm treatment resistant and this will be with me for life. Has anyone got any tips on what I can do to work on this in addition to those other things?

Re: What's happening to me?

Hi,
    Well, I don't like taking meds so I can't comment, except to say, OP say some meds take a couple of weeks to accumulate and work. I also assume you've had a recent med review with your gp?

Therapy can b helpful. Too. Progressive muscle relaxation exercises and deep breathing exercises are very useful and need to be practised. There are many examples online.

Keeping your mind active rather than sitting worrying is important.
    Puzzle books or NMP games might keep you occupied for a time.

Physical exercise IS beneficial, but do try to keep doing it, even if you feel despondent,
    You're better outside for a 15min walk than sitting indoors.
    Xx

Thread Information