Thread: sertraline - please help

sertraline - please help

I have never been on anti-depressants but have suffered with depression anxiety on and off for most of my life and I am now 62.

I experienced a particularly bad time around 9 years ago when I first joined NMP. It took a while but I came through it without meds.

This time around the stress and anxiety has been dreadful - awful panic attacks and the GP prescribed sertraline which I started 15 days ago - 50 mg. On Friiday she upped it to 100 mg.

The side effects have been awful - hideous and the anxiety and panic are worse, I am now frightened to leave the house and spend almost the whole day watching TV. My sleep is very bad - even though the GP gave me so sleeping tablets.

My research seems to suggest that sertraline is very effective but that it can take weeks to settle down.

I feel dreadful, jittery, trembling, shivering, can't focus - no appetite (but I am forcing myself to eat).

HELP, please - any advice or positive support out there from someone who knows about sertraline and increased effects ? When will this stop = will I get better ?

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya sandie and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: sertraline - please help

Hi sandie.

My experience was it was really tough for a few weeks, and then worked well for me.

Stick with it, and good luck!

Thread Information