Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colonoscopy

Colonoscopy

I have my colonoscopy Monday at 9. Have the kleen prep sachets to drink etc . I'll be on the day ward. As soon as I check in will they do any bloods etc? Drips? I have no idea what to expect at all and really rather anxious about it all

Re: Colonoscopy

No they don't do bloods or put you on a drip as a rule

Have a read of the posts in this forum and it will tell you all you need to know about the procedure.

Good luck

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you x

Had my colonoscopy, everything fine just internal haemorhides which they injected . Had a conscious sedation through an iv . Had a bad reaction to it and felt my heart speed up and felt like my whole body was shaking ! Just wondering if anybody else experienced the same ?

Ive got a colonoscopy on Monday and I think I'm gonna pass on the sedation for this very reason :(

I had one a year ago and didn't have the sedation. That meant I could leave as soon as I'd eaten and drank.

I was very worried about the chance of pain but I have to say that I didn't feel any at all. I just rolled over a couple or three times and they tried to distract me by going on about if I thought that the nurse who was sat down with me was attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetrees View Post
    I had one a year ago and didn't have the sedation. That meant I could leave as soon as I'd eaten and drank.

I was very worried about the chance of pain but I have to say that I didn't feel any at all. I just rolled over a couple or three times and they tried to distract me by going on about if I thought that the nurse who was sat down with me was attractive.
    I'm not gonna have sedation on Monday... I'm too paranoid about a bad reaction :/

How did it feel during the colonoscopy? I'm not too bothered by pain if I know it's normal to feel it, but did you have any sensation while it was going on? Would be good to hear what it's like before I have mine

Also I've been given the stuff to drink the day before... What can I expect in regards to that? How often did you go after drinking it and did it stop by the next morning?

TBH, I can't remember the sensations, probably because there weren't any. It was in before I knew it and I didn't even realise that she'd banded a couple of haemorrhoids.

I had Moviprep. It was something like a couple of litres an hour apart. It didn't taste great but it wasn't too bad either. I downed the second lot in a couple of minutes.

Take it from me, you need to be in the bathroom from the word go It only took a few minutes to have an effect. Gurgling stomach, etc. And don't think it will be just wind or you will be sorry

I literally sat in the ensuite for hours. I propped up the iPad and watched several movies on Netflix.

Once I was pretty sure I was done, I just laid on the bed with a blanket on and slept for a while.

I had a sigmoidoscopy and no sedation but my heart rate went all to pot and I felt really ill, hot and like I was going to pass out.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetrees View Post
    TBH, I can't remember the sensations, probably because there weren't any. It was in before I knew it and I didn't even realise that she'd banded a couple of haemorrhoids.

I had Moviprep. It was something like a couple of litres an hour apart. It didn't taste great but it wasn't too bad either. I downed the second lot in a couple of minutes.

Take it from me, you need to be in the bathroom from the word go It only took a few minutes to have an effect. Gurgling stomach, etc. And don't think it will be just wind or you will be sorry

I literally sat in the ensuite for hours. I propped up the iPad and watched several movies on Netflix.

Once I was pretty sure I was done, I just laid on the bed with a blanket on and slept for a while.
    Blimey... lol. I think I'm taking the same thing as you did... I start it at 5pm the day before, and my appointment is 7:30am the next day. Will it have stopped by then???

---------- Post added at 23:01 ---------- Previous post was at 23:00 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperpot View Post
    I had a sigmoidoscopy and no sedation but my heart rate went all to pot and I felt really ill, hot and like I was going to pass out.
    Do you think it was because of the anxiety of having it done?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information