Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colonoscopy

Re: Colonoscopy

Quote Originally Posted by KayeS View Post
    Blimey... lol. I think I'm taking the same thing as you did... I start it at 5pm the day before, and my appointment is 7:30am the next day. Will it have stopped by then???

---------- Post added at 23:01 ---------- Previous post was at 23:00 ----------

Do you think it was because of the anxiety of having it done?
    Not at all cos at this point I hadn't even begun my horrible anxiety/panic attack journey. The nurse said sometimes it hits a nerve (or something similar). Was meant to go back for a colonoscopy (as the sigmoidoscopy is just the lower part I think) but I felt so ill for days after I couldn't face it x

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperpot View Post
    Not at all cos at this point I hadn't even begun my horrible anxiety/panic attack journey. The nurse said sometimes it hits a nerve (or something similar). Was meant to go back for a colonoscopy (as the sigmoidoscopy is just the lower part I think) but I felt so ill for days after I couldn't face it x
    Ah I really hope that doesn't happen to me :(

Unlikely if you have a sedative I would think. I was aware of what they were doing and I didn't like it. However on the plus side it didn't hurt lol. x

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperpot View Post
    Unlikely if you have a sedative I would think. I was aware of what they were doing and I didn't like it. However on the plus side it didn't hurt lol. x
    I'm too scared to have a sedative... I actually don't mind pain as long as I know what's causing it and it's nothing to worry about lol

Quote Originally Posted by KayeS View Post
    I'm too scared to have a sedative... I actually don't mind pain as long as I know what's causing it and it's nothing to worry about lol
    Well, it's going to be a pipe and an enthusiastic doctor mate!

I've had the signoidoscopy to check out my roids years ago and that wasn't too bad but it just felt weird from the pressure when they pumped it up.

My GP was a straight talking kind but very good. Senior partner. I remember he asking "are you gay?" and me replying "no, I'm not that brave" She just laughed and explained they had to ask such things when it comes to that area.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Well, it's going to be a pipe and an enthusiastic doctor mate!

I've had the signoidoscopy to check out my roids years ago and that wasn't too bad but it just felt weird from the pressure when they pumped it up.

My GP was a straight talking kind but very good. Senior partner. I remember he asking "are you gay?" and me replying "no, I'm not that brave" She just laughed and explained they had to ask such things when it comes to that area.
    LOL!! There's probably a lot of gay men who aren't even that brave haha

Obviously I'm not relishing the thought of having it done but after having an endoscopy at the beginning of the year with no sedation, I figure this can't be worse? I mean... there's no gag reflex on that end right lol

There's no gag reflex (I think the women's mags would have covered it long ago ) but with my sig it did make me feel like I wanted to go when they "extracted" and there was a fair bit of moisture so it felt like I needed to wipe a lot which was a pain when I was walking back to work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information