Thread: Anticipatory anxiety

Anticipatory anxiety

I have this every day
    I wake up with it fearing the day ahead and I don't know why. It's like I'm scared of what the day brings and having to get through each hour. If I have to do something or go somewhere even if it's just to visit a relative I get all worked up about it and start clock watching(I do this a lot anyway).
    I just want to be able to do things without the anxious build up and be back to my carefree self

Re: Anticipatory anxiety

Have you read Claire Weekes? Xx

Quote Originally Posted by sial72 View Post
    Have you read Claire Weekes? Xx
    Yes Iv read 2 of her books and also have an audio book that I listen too when I can't concentrate to read, I love her voice it's so calming

I get this too, every day. Some days its bearable and then other days its a nightmare but I have always found that no matter what situation I am about to face, even one that is major for someone with anxiety and panic attacks such as being in crowds, being in the actual situation is nothing compared to how the anticipatory anxiety makes me feel. That anxiety is always 100 times more stronger than anything I feel in the moment of the actual situation I fear. I try and always remember that before I go out. I listen and read Claire Weekes work too. Tbh, her work is what helped me more than anything else. It was better than any meds or therapy to me. I still listen to her audio books whenever I feel down or have a mini steback and within five mins of listening, I feel I can take on the world again.

"Save your sympathy for someone else. I don't need it or want it. What you call a panic attack is merely a few normal chemicals that are temporarily out of place in my brain. It is of no significance whatsoever to me!"

"Recovery always lies ahead - however painful the moment"

"Recovery lies in the places and experiences you avoid"

Dr Claire Weekes.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFish View Post
    I get this too, every day. Some days its bearable and then other days its a nightmare but I have always found that no matter what situation I am about to face, even one that is major for someone with anxiety and panic attacks such as being in crowds, being in the actual situation is nothing compared to how the anticipatory anxiety makes me feel. That anxiety is always 100 times more stronger than anything I feel in the moment of the actual situation I fear. I try and always remember that before I go out. I listen and read Claire Weekes work too. Tbh, her work is what helped me more than anything else. It was better than any meds or therapy to me. I still listen to her audio books whenever I feel down or have a mini steback and within five mins of listening, I feel I can take on the world again.

Yeah Iv noticed that too the fear of the situation is worse than the actual situation itself . For example I always go to my cousins on a Friday night but from waking up on a Friday morning I have that awful feeling of dread, stomach churning you would think I was going for an interview or something like that. I know I will go and everything will be ok but I still get worked up a out it......madness

For me, this is one of the markers of GAD, all day and you don't even know why. I've had loads of it. Some of it is probably chemical since cortisol levels are highest upon waking and reduce throughout the day but it's like your preset anxiety level has been raised much higher so you just start off more easily. It's a massive pain in the

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    For me, this is one of the markers of GAD, all day and you don't even know why. I've had loads of it. Some of it is probably chemical since cortisol levels are highest upon waking and reduce throughout the day but it's like your preset anxiety level has been raised much higher so you just start off more easily. It's a massive pain in the
    Too right it is
    It does my head in why I'm anxious hours before I go to do something, things I do regularly too. Why am I anxious every day just going to local shop, cousins, meeting friends
    I wish it would do one and let me get on with my life

Thread Information