Thread: Don't give up

Don't give up

Evening Guys,

How are we all doing today? Mondays have never been a bad day for me as i've never had to work on them. In fact i quite like them, H2B goes to work, my daughter doesn't have nursery so i wake up knowing its just me and her and disney dvds and Cbeebies all day. i've normally done the food shopping at the weekend so all i have to do is cook dinner! I know i'm lucky in this respect because i bet loads of you woke up this morning knowing that you had to face the world. I spent it in my little bubble! i've never had agoraphobia and i can't imagine what it must be like for those of you that do, but i have had periods of being afraid of everything, i remember one week when i lay in bed too frightened to get up and have a bath, even now i don't understand what i was afraid of.
    i'm not sure where i'm going with this post, i think i'm just trying to say that there is light for everybody. i've felt worse in the last year then i could ever have imagined but now i'm med free and marrying the most wonderful man this year so don't give up guys! i'm not saying that i'm cured or even recovered but i am now having good days which a while ago i thought they were gone forever. And now i've remembered what it feels like i'm determined not to let it go.

PM me if anyone wants to chat

KOKO

''my life is full of catastrophies, most of which never happened''

Quick, someone who likes Monday's frame her

I think its encouraging for people to read about others who are better than they were, I know when I was bad, it used to give me a little hope, once I got over the "well thats someone else, I will never get better " feeling.

I think its fair to say that most people that got better thought they never would, so there is every chance all sufferers can improve, its just finding that "thing" that works for them.

Good to hear you are on the up.

Jaco

Hi Koko,

I agree with you when you look back and can see how you used to be as you get better. I still have setbacks and problems with flying and other things but have come quite a way from where I was. I can remember when I worked actually crawling under my desk when a plane flew overhead, talk about embarrassing, but I was terrified! My co-workers looked at me like I was crazy and quite frankly I didn't give a hoot. It just goes to show though that with work and patience and for me (counseling and meds) I can now at times even fly.

I too am glad you are on the way up and I know how much work and effort it takes. Keep up the good work and I am glad you have your Mondays to relax with your daughter.

Hugs,

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

i've always found other peoples success stories the best inspiration it should be a rule on this site that the last thing you do before you log off is read a posistive post!

Thanks for your support guys

koko

I love to hear how people have struggled and then how they feel when they are doing better - it helps us all!!

Bit like we all like before and after's of anything at all, be it people, houses, gardens etc etc!!

Inspiration that's what it gives us!!

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Koko,
    that was a lovely post!
    The things you said about not being agraphobic but having times where you felt frightened of everything, could have been me writing that. Sometimes I waken and I am terrified to face the day. I go through spells where shopping, eating out, spending time alone with my children, going to the school, picking up daughter from brownies.....then at others these are not a big deal at all. I have never understood how anx can be so variable like that and never really had any faith in it ever getting better. My anx is tied in with depression, so hopefully the controlling of that will help me be more anx free.

Your post was lovely, it is so nice to see people positive about their future. Good on you!

Happyone
    xx

"Just for today I will not worry. Just for today I will not anger" Dr Usui, founder of Reiki

Cracking Stuff Guys!

Sometimes i have felt almost guilty because there has been no one 'type' of anxiety i could call mine, I couldn't give it a label as such so felt i didn't really know how to tackle it. To be honest still not sure how i did/have. i think i just accepted the fact that anxiety was here and that i could either sit on my bed waiting for it to go away or i could get on with life anyway and see what it did. Not easy though at times. Standing outside nursery waiting was a killer. Spending time alone with my three yr old was always hard too because you feel responsible and obliged to be fun or active when the conversation is pretty limited and your mind is racing!

However at the moment i'm on the way up and i hope to meet many of you there one day

Chin up guys, its possible for all of us

koko

Thread Information