Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Just started

Just started

so just started on this today and feeling hopeful 50 mg three times s day which sounds strange but fingers crossed , good advice please x x

Re: Just started

I started on 50mg 3x a day then it was increased to 100mg 3 times a day. At first it did make me very drowsy through the day like a stoned feeling but I had no other side effects so it was easy to take. Took a couple of weeks to notice any difference and then my dose was increased to 400mg. This increased the stoned feeling for about 10 days. It did help with my anxiety but not enough( I had been hospitalised twice before starting pregablin) and the psychiatrist was concerned about my vision being a bit blurry, joint pain and a bit body twitching ( nothing serious) so she has now added quetiapine and I'm reducing the pregablin dose. From what I read pregablin works well for anxiety and I would recommend it. Just remember to give it time to settle in your system as I remember getting frustrated cos some people said it worked instantly for them but we are all different. I'm hoping to stay on the pregablin and quetiapine but I have a feeling I won't be allowed too

So I started this today 50 mg 3 times A day and I also felt stoned but have had the best day I have had in a long time (placebo effect I'm sure but don't care as has given me some hope ), I also have quetiapine 100 mg but doctor wants me to stop taking it as of today .

I am also taking citalipram 40 mg but hope to drop that to 20 soon and been given a dose of Valium to help me through so I'm buzzing .

Keep in touch as good to have some positive feedback

I felt great the first day too I thought I was cured lol. Why are you stopping the quetiapine? I think my doc wants to eventually taper off the pregablin and just be on the mirtazipine and quetiapine but I'm in no rush to stop it.
    I stayed on 150mg pregablin for just over a week it was increased cos my anxiety started showing it's ugly head again. It does take a little time for it to settle so the stoned feeling does go away, well it did for me.
    This quetiapine has me really drowsy this morning I hope it gets better in time cos it's awful feeling anxious and sedated at same time ...

Hi Tristan,

Good luck with pregabalin. 150 mg per day is still a low dose - you can go up from there if necessary. You may have felt the "initial euphoria" effect, but don't worry - things level out from there. Good luck.

The doctor has said I can stop taking the quetiapine as on such a low dose but I do find it helps me so am going to carry on with it for a few weeks as didn't take one yesterday and feel a bit unsure today , what time do you take yours ?

With the pregablin how come it's 3 times A day as I'm sure I will forget to take it at some point and how come you are coming off it ?

I was on mirtazapine last year but I found it made me worse but everyone is different x x

How long you been suffering ???

---------- Post added at 11:42 ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 ----------

Do you still take it hanshan and what dose are you on ?

I have had anxiety for years on and off but not crippling like this time. This one started in march. I tried citalopram again and ended up in hospital where they changed it to mirtazapine. They then added sertraline and I ended up in hospital again. Sertraline was stopped and pregablin was added. I think you have to take it 3x a day because it has a short half life. I take mine when waking (100mg) with 100mg quetiapine, one at 2pm and one at 10pm with 30mg mirt and 100mg quetiapine.
    They decided to reduce the pregablin and introduce the quetiapine as I'm still struggling with anxiety and worrying thoughts, my joints started aching and my vision became blurry and they think it's the pregablin but some starting the quetiapine my body and joints are aching more, feels like you do after doing a vigorous work out the day before. Also I read a lot so I think the blurry vision could be down to that. I was getting the odd body jerk bit now I get like muscle twitching!
    Seeing psychiatrist on Tuesday so wil see what they have to say. I'm also on a statin so I don't know if the muscle ache could be down to that. I'm willing to give the quetiapine a good go cos I'm sick of starting and stopping meds all the time and Iv heard good reports of it. I don't want to reduce my pregablin until I'm more stable on the quetiapine and see if it's working
    These aches and pains are really starting to worry me now, I don't know if there is anything I can take.....I may ring the nhs111 and ask there advice

Wow you are having a really bad time by the sounds of it really sorry to hear that , quetiapine really helped me but not in the morning that dose was just to much if I'm honest , do you find it makes you eat like a horse in the evening ?

Had a good day yesterday but didn't take quetiapine last night and not had such s good day today so have taken one and see how tomorrow goes .

How come you ended up in hospital ? Must have been awful for you , hope you start to feel relief soon x

Stay in touch x x

---------- Post added at 19:09 ---------- Previous post was at 18:42 ----------

One of the side effects of quetiapine is blurry vision and I get it quite often and body jerks do your not alone in that one x x

I was admitted cos I was getting intrusive thoughts and wanted to harm myself. Some nights I find I do eat like a horse I just want crisps and chocolate all the healthy stuff lol.
    All my morning dose is to make me drowsy. Do you wake up anxious ? I do every day, it's exhausting. I wonder if the extended release version of quetiapine is better ! I'm going to refuse to taper down on the pregablin until I feel stable on the quetiapine ....it's my safety blanket
    Hopefully you will feel better tomorrow, Iv been a bit iffy today too but I think these joint pains aren't helping

I don't sleep to well and wake early with the worst anxiety and seems to stay all day and the physical side is exhausting , I also have had thoughts of hurting myself but never taken in for it . I even called the crisis line a few weeks ago and they don't seem to help much

Had my quetiapine and eaten a 14 inch pizza , garlic bread , cookies , and now on the haribo before I start on the crisps , I was 10 stone in jan and just over 12 now

I take 100 mg quetiapine
    80 mg propananol
    40 mg citalipram
    150 mg prebablin

It's no wonder I'm tired all the time , and 2 mg diazipram when needed

---------- Post added at 21:33 ---------- Previous post was at 21:25 ----------

I have also done very well on not googling this med as always get worst case and not even looked at side effects or I will be looking out for them x

Do you work

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information