Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Just started

Re: Just started

My take is, if you are being given four psychoactive meds, the doctors really don't know, and are just prescribing a mix of everything, hoping for the best.

What is the answer? - I don't know, but probably 2 - 3 meds maximum, plus one-on-one talk therapy.

Well I have a job but last time I was there was in may just before I was first admitted to hospital. I am unable to work at present I don't know how people manage to work with illness I take my hat off too them.
    I don't google side effects anymore or I wouldn't take amything. I think I did have a bit health anxiety where I was constantly taking my Bp but I don't anymore. I think pregablin is pretty good for side efects and a smooth start up like I said all I was really bothered about was the stoned feeling but that wore off . I'm hoping the drowsiness off the quetiapine wears off soon too. When I feel drowsy it makes me more anxious...I think it's a control thing.
    I sleep for about 6-7 hours so I'm always up early the anxiety starts as soon as I wake up. The physical symptoms are the churning stomach, shaky hands, and just that awful feeling of dread. I have about 3 cups of tea and 5 tabs in the first couple of hours. After Iv taken my tablets the physicàl symptoms lessen but the mental ones don't. I feel like I have to try and escape from it vid if it catches me I will go hysterical!
    Do you get agitated ? I had it terribly at one point I just didn't know what to do with myself I just paced....was an absolute nightmare! My body doesn't feel agitated but my mind does if you know what I mean.
    Lets hope today is a better one for both of us

---------- Post added at 10:48 ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hanshan View Post
    My take is, if you are being given four psychoactive meds, the doctors really don't know, and are just prescribing a mix of everything, hoping for the best.

What is the answer? - I don't know, but probably 2 - 3 meds maximum, plus one-on-one talk therapy.
    I had cbt prior to been in hospital but they discharged me, I'm waithing to see a psychologist but don't know when that will be
    It's going to be a choice between stopping the pregablin or the quetiapine, but staying on the mirt. I have a feeling they will want to drop me down to 200mg of pregablin on tues, the question is should I just go for it and bite the bullet see how I go or hold off till I'm more used to the quetiapine and let the side effects settle....I hate making decisions.

my GP gave me pregabelin a couple of weeks ago. i started taking it, 3 days, 25mgs once a day, then read up about it and how awful some people have found withdrawal so couldn't take it anymore. the first night without it i sweated all night and had a cracking headache, i'm still wondering if i should just deal with the side effects and not think about withdrawal as i am struggling with my anxiety. i wonder how all these drugs help as its the thoughts that cause me distress. i'm already on 45mgs of mirtazapine

I don't think about withdrawal, if these meds work I intend on staying on them a long time. Also it's always the people who suffer the most who write on these forums it's very rarely anyone writes about the good stuff. Iv dropped 100mg of pregablin and I was fine, slightly more anxious for a couple of days but that's it . Iv also withdrew from diazapam, citalopram and sertraline with no major symptoms just a few shakes.
    It just goes to show that everybody reacts differently and unfortunately some people have really bad time with it and other people sail through it .

I have suffered with anxiety for a while but this time it has been the worse where i was home and was unable to leave for about a month, this has been going on for about a year but the worst was the last 6 months, i was on citalopram 40 mg for about 8 years but when the anxiety came back i decided to go to on to fluoxetine, i was on that for about 4 weeks and ever since then i was trapped at home. I tried fluoxetine & Mirtazapine with not effect.

I have been given pregablin and now on 300mg (150 in the morning and 150 in the evening) for just over 2 weeks and it has taken most of the underlying anxiety away at home.

Now its just the challenge of getting away from the anticipatory anxiety which is also easy said than done.

I am thinking of increasing to 450mg a day to see if it will help but going to give the 300mg another week or so yet but i think i am getting the benefit from it.

I am also taking 40 mg of citalopram .

Hi Tootie,

If you took 25 mg of pregabalin once a day for three days and stopped, I can almost guarantee that what you felt was neither side-effects or withdrawal. The dose is tiny and only for a few days.

However, if you are very anxious about taking medications, you can easily have negative reactions starting, continuing, increasing, decreasing, or stopping a medication. It is called pharmacophobia, and it is a kind of health anxiety.

Every medication these days will have people posting horror stories about starting / stopping etc. Like other kinds of health anxiety, don't go obsessively searching the internet for bad news - it's always there, you will find it.

Quote Originally Posted by nedmcg View Post
    I have suffered with anxiety for a while but this time it has been the worse where i was home and was unable to leave for about a month, this has been going on for about a year but the worst was the last 6 months, i was on citalopram 40 mg for about 8 years but when the anxiety came back i decided to go to on to fluoxetine, i was on that for about 4 weeks and ever since then i was trapped at home. I tried fluoxetine & Mirtazapine with not effect.

I have been given pregablin and now on 300mg (150 in the morning and 150 in the evening) for just over 2 weeks and it has taken most of the underlying anxiety away at home.

Now its just the challenge of getting away from the anticipatory anxiety which is also easy said than done.

I am thinking of increasing to 450mg a day to see if it will help but going to give the 300mg another week or so yet but i think i am getting the benefit from it.

I am also taking 40 mg of citalopram .
    Anticipatory anxiety is horrendous isn't it !
    I have it every morning, it's like I'm waiting for something awful to happen. I'm on mirtazapine, pregablin and quetiapine and it still there every morning waking me up. I was housebound for quite a while to the extent I couldn't even leave my bed but thankfully those days are over( I hope)
    I force myself to go out everyday even if it's just to take dogs out or to the local shop. Somedays I feel like I will flake out due to the anxiety but I grit my teeth and do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Lan69 View Post
    Anticipatory anxiety is horrendous isn't it !
    I have it every morning, it's like I'm waiting for something awful to happen. I'm on mirtazapine, pregablin and quetiapine and it still there every morning waking me up. I was housebound for quite a while to the extent I couldn't even leave my bed but thankfully those days are over( I hope)
    I force myself to go out everyday even if it's just to take dogs out or to the local shop. Somedays I feel like I will flake out due to the anxiety but I grit my teeth and do it anyway
    I feel your pain, I was in the same situation. Even to the fact where I took 5mg of diazepam and it didn't touch the symptoms still had severe panic,

And your right its the anticipatory anxiety that's the worse part of it all

Quote Originally Posted by nedmcg View Post
    I feel your pain, I was in the same situation. Even to the fact where I took 5mg of diazepam and it didn't touch the symptoms still had severe panic,

And your right its the anticipatory anxiety that's the worse part of it all
    I was on 5mg diazapam in hospital but they took me off it when I was discharged. Are you not in this situation anymore ? I dread going to sleep on a night cos I know what the morning brings. I still have some 2mg diazapam left but I really don't want to take them plus my meds make me drowsy but don't take away the anxiety. I'm stuck in a cycle now

Just got back from work and after an ok day yesterday that was bloody hard work , headache that just lasted all day and high anxiety that just wouldn't settle and just want to go to bed now but have to sort the children first so that's not going to happen .

The doctor has given me diazipram and told me to take it 3 times a day it's only 2mg but to be honest it just makes me light headed and tired .

I find I get some relief from prebablin but it take till I take second one at lunch time to kick in , I know it's early days for me but think I might ask doctor about a higher dose in a few weeks .

Working sucks with anxiety but beets being stuck at home as it gives me a reason to get up as was off work for 3 weeks a while ago and lost all motivation .

Stay strong x x x

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information