Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does Magnesium work that well?

Re: Does Magnesium work that well?

I found the powder very gentle on my stomach.
    You could try the oil too on your skin. Shouldn't cause you any digestive problems

Magnesium worked wonders for me! It's important that it's transdermal magnesium (through the skin) and not the pills because it goes straight to your system and doesn't have to go through your digestive tract. You can get magnesium spray at most vitamin stores. You have to stay consistently on it for at least a few weeks in order to notice anything, but it has worked so well for me! A bottle is very affordable so I'd recommend at least trying it!

Quote Originally Posted by Allicloud View Post
    Magnesium worked wonders for me! It's important that it's transdermal magnesium (through the skin) and not the pills because it goes straight to your system and doesn't have to go through your digestive tract. You can get magnesium spray at most vitamin stores. You have to stay consistently on it for at least a few weeks in order to notice anything, but it has worked so well for me! A bottle is very affordable so I'd recommend at least trying it!
    Plus there are many guides online for how to make your own transdermal from the flakes these companies tend to sell.

I have been using the spray oil for a couple of weeks now. It did seem to be helping my sleep at first but not so much now. It's worked well for my muscle pain in my leg tho. Maybe I need more sprays at the moment I am just using 5-10 sprays on my aching leg, I've felt no stinging. Can too much magnesium be dangerous?

Does it say on the bottle how much magnesium it gives per X amount of sprays? Mine says 66mg per 4 sprays but my last one didn't say anything. I can't remember if you mentioned whcih brand you bought but it was the BetterYou range I think I recall you looking at, they do say how much per X sprays as I've seen it listed on sites like Amazon.

I spray 25-30 times a day on one go.

The RDA's are listed by age group here along with studies of higher amounts:

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supple...it_sideeffects

Bare in mind RDA's are often well out of date as they were based on averages years ago. They also do not take into account how anxiety disorders cause the body to work harder and magnesium is leeched from the bones so I would suggest looking for expert sources. I think I've seen 600mg mentioned but I really can't be sure without checking.

Too much magnesium can have side effects. They are on that link BUT bare in mind they say "large" doses could cause serious side effects. There are millions of us supplementing with over 350mg a day thesedays. It nis believed many of us are deficient due to modern farming since magnesium is no longer rich in the soil like it used to be.

Thanks Terry
    I use Better you magnesium oil goodnight pure mineral spray. The magnesium content is 130mg per 10 sprays. It says to start at 5 sprays and work up to 10-20 sprays daily. I'm scared I use too much I'm a proper wuss !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information