Thread: Canker sore but terrified. REALLY NEED RESPONSE

Canker sore but terrified. REALLY NEED RESPONSE

8 days ago on 9/25, I started to feel a stinging burning feeling inside lower lip, but really couldn't see much. Then within a few days, I think by Sunday or Monday 8/28 I began to see a SLIGHT canker sore. For a few days it was really stinging or burning. Now as of yesterday 10/2, I notice the burning feeling has subsided a lot but not completely gone. At first the canker sore appeared whitish, but now has a kind of yellowish appearance. From some angles maybe a bit grayish. It's a bit indented. I THINK it's trying to heal, BUT I start fearing maybe it's not a canker sore but oral cancer instead. I'm pretty sure it's a canker sore but I get ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIED! Does the burning feeling begin to subside as canker sores heal? I have read that they turn grayish color as healing & also that they can take as long as 3 weeks to heal. I notice with my severe anxiety, things take even longer than normal time for anything to heal. I've actually been told by Drs that this anxiety can lower immunity. Does what I'm describing sound typical of canker sores? I hesitated to post here but felt I really needed to because I'm freaking myself out & it's horrible! Can someone get back to me as soon as possible? I would very much appreciate it! I hate these panic attacks!

---------- Post added at 13:54 ---------- Previous post was at 13:24 ----------

Please respond as soon as possible. I'm freaking! Thank You

Re: Canker sore but terrified. REALLY NEED RESPONSE

Is that what we call an ulcer in the UK? If so, they can take ages to heal and yes, the pain goes before the actual sore does and it also changes colour. I put salt on mine and it helps them to go white/grey right away. Stop worrying, everyone gets them, they aren't cancer x

Re: Canker sore but terrified. REALLY NEED RESPONSE

Thank You so much! I live in New York City in USA, but yes it's also referred to as mouth ulcers here too but also canker sores. Thank You, your reply helps me a lot! I get SOOOO anxious & panicked it's horrible!

Thread Information