I was first diagnosed with panic disorder 9 years ago and went on lexapro, which completely controlled it. I recently weaned myself off to try to get pregnant and the panic disorder returned. I immediately started taking lexapro 10mg/day and have been for 3 weeks, 3 days ago it was increased to 15mg/day. My anxiety, panic, obsessive thoughts, and constant fear are incredibly intense and I don't know what to do. My doctor gave me Xanax to take while the lexapro starts working again but of course I am afraid to take it. I don't know what to do and I feel trapped and hopeless. The first time I went through this was bad but I don't remember it being this bad or at least taking this long to feel the benefits of lexapro. I had to take to take time off from my job and move in with my parents because my husband is at work the whole day and I can't stand to be alone. I've had moments of relief but very few and I'm starting to worry that the lexapro isn't working even though my doctor has reassured me countless times that if it worked just a few months ago and for 9 years that it surely will this time it's just a matter of patience. No one in my family and none of my friends can empathetize with this and I'm pretty sure my parents and husband are on the verge of breaking down themselves just having to deal with me. Any help and support (only positive please), experience with this would be really appreciated.